Training Camp Thread......

soulman

7 hours ago, The_Romen said:
8 hours ago, dll2000 said:

He's not an idiot. He said so himself.

That's all this Bears fan needs to know! 🤠

46 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

Virginia says Matt's a nice boy, so he stays!

You may be right about that. We'll see. 

I sort of suspect that he's created an overall situation where if he doesn't go totally nuts, decision-wise, he can't screw things up TOO badly. 

So much for practicing at max intensity.  Pretty soon Pace will have his scouts scouring Lake Forest for warm bodies just to fill out his roster.  Instead of "Hard Knocks" the Bears could be the co-stars of a M*A*S*H film.  Have they begun using the weight room for triage yet?

Edited by soulman

7 minutes ago, soulman said:

So much for practicing at max intensity.  Pretty soon Pace will have his scouts scouring Lake Forest for warm bodies just to fill out his roster.  Instead of "Hard Knocks" the Bears could be the co-stars of a M*A*S*H film.  Have they begun using the weight room for triage yet?

I'll take the min deal to catch a daily beatdown.  

Sign me up Nagy, I'll pretend to like you and everything! 

• Like 2

If Peters has to observe a 5 day COVID protocol and he was just signed on Monday how does that equate to practicing today?  Or does riding an Exercycle count as practice?

Good to see Borom back.  Now, stick him at LT and let him park himself at Jason Peters feet to learn all he can about playing the position.

If Fields is still experiencing any soreness just let him throw in 7-7 practice with no rush.

2 hours ago, soulman said:

If Peters has to observe a 5 day COVID protocol and he was just signed on Monday how does that equate to practicing today?  Or does riding an Exercycle count as practice?

Good to see Borom back.  Now, stick him at LT and let him park himself at Jason Peters feet to learn all he can about playing the position.

If Fields is still experiencing any soreness just let him throw in 7-7 practice with no rush.

wasn't he signed saturday after the game though? that would make yesterday, wednesday, the 5th day. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

Growing pains this week.

Good...it's the exact place we want to see growing pains is against our defence in practice...facts are any rookie QB will have them...but what you want is a guy who learns from them and steps up come game time...looks to me like Fields has that mentality.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Good...it's the exact place we want to see growing pains is against our defence in practice...facts are any rookie QB will have them...but what you want is a guy who learns from them and steps up come game time...looks to me like Fields has that mentality.

ok

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

wasn't he signed saturday after the game though? that would make yesterday, wednesday, the 5th day. 

According to what was written his contract didn't become active until Monday when it was signed and submitted to the league office.  But you're probably right if the COVID protocol works off a different calendar.

13 hours ago, soulman said:

According to what was written his contract didn't become active until Monday when it was signed and submitted to the league office.  But you're probably right if the COVID protocol works off a different calendar.

to that last point, it could have been a "it's saturday, start the covid procedure and you're signing is official on monday, on the field by thursday" like you said

but borom is listed as the backup LT, and Peters isn't playing tomorrow. Would love for Borom to play the whole game at LT and see how he does. I don't need to see any of Wilkerson. In fact, with Peters signing, i think that kills Wilkerson's chance of making the team completely

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

to that last point, it could have been a "it's saturday, start the covid procedure and you're signing is official on monday, on the field by thursday" like you said

but borom is listed as the backup LT, and Peters isn't playing tomorrow. Would love for Borom to play the whole game at LT and see how he does. I don't need to see any of Wilkerson. In fact, with Peters signing, i think that kills Wilkerson's chance of making the team completely

With Jenkins on the IR/PUP I think Wilkerson is pretty much a lock to make the team, especially thinking about Peter's health concerns.