Training Camp Thread......

soulman

2 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Man if I was Nagy I'd be so frustrated.

Last year, everyone complains the practices are too soft. Fine.

So now when he attempts to murder an entire position group, now you guys are upset about that? 

Most of them fell before there was any contact.

These injuries suck, no way around it. Hopefully things sort out before week one.

Idc about the preseason. Let the rookies and unproven guys play all four games and put Foles behind center to save your top two. But at this point Whitehair and a FA look like they'll be playing OT. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Man if I was Nagy I'd be so frustrated.

Last year, everyone complains the practices are too soft. Fine.

So now when he attempts to murder an entire position group, now you guys are upset about that? 

I wouldn't call it upset as much as I would be asking how both of his downline and still healthy OTs managed to get concussed during a practice in training camp.  It takes more than a little bump on the noggin' to cause a concussion.

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Roquan is hurt now.

Teven White is also still out with the “back tightness”

This deal with Teven Jenkins is getting more hinky by the moment.

I have chronic back pain that could easily be described as "tightness" or spasmodic and it's due to several auto accidents including being struck by my own car (long story there) and more than a few nasty tumbles skiing while imaging I was Bode Miller.  Soft tissue injuries may never fully heal.

Muscle tightness from overwork or twisting wrong or sleeping on a concrete floor can be dealt with pretty easily and even without treatment typically disappears within a day or two.  This sounds a whole lot more ominous than that.

2 hours ago, soulman said:

I wouldn't call it upset as much as I would be asking how both of his downline and still healthy OTs managed to get concussed during a practice in training camp.  It takes more than a little bump on the noggin' to cause a concussion.

Except that’s all it can take for a concussion is just a little bump. 

• Like 1

Originally posted on Larry Brown Sports  |  By Grey Papke  |  Last updated 8/7/21

Doug Pederson didn’t land a new gig after being fired by the Philadelphia Eagles following the 2020 season. Instead, he seems to be helping out an old friend.

Pederson was spotted at Chicago Bears camp on Friday, working with players on the practice field while wearing the team’s colors.

Former Eagles HC Doug Pederson working with the Bears while former Eagles QB Nick Foles is in the background reminding Bears players why he’s called BDN

Copy link to Tweet

It’s not clear if Pederson was in camp in an official capacity or if he was simply present as a guest of Bears coach Matt Nagy. Pederson and Nagy have long been tied together, and Pederson hired Nagy as his quarterbacks coach in 2013 while offensive coordinator for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Pederson also got to reconnect with Bears quarterback Nick Foles, who won Super Bowl MVP when the Eagles won their championship.

It doesn’t sound like Pederson sought out opportunities to coach in 2021. He seems content to work on an informal basis, pick up new ideas, and hop back on the coaching carousel after the 2021 season. Whether he keeps working with the Bears in some sort of temporary role remains to be seen.

Edited by soulman

Matt Nagy praises Darnell Mooney's route running, calls him a 'steal' in 2020 draft

ByAaron Morris 21 hours ago
10519113.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320(Photo: Kamil Krzaczynski , USA TODAY Sports)

LAKE FOREST, Ill. — As training camp continues on for the Chicago Bears, one player that has had a strong start through the first nine practices is wide receiver Darnell Mooney. The 2020 fifth-round pick turned heads as a rookie, grasping on to the Bears No. 2 receiver job and this year he appears to be ready to take that next step.

And for the Bears, they didn't have to wait long for Mooney to show what he can do as head coach Matt Nagy says he knew right away that the team had a steal in the receiver out of Tulane.

"When we evaluated him – coaching staff, personnel — when we evaluated him last year, we knew in the fifth round, I’m just telling you — we knew in the fifth round we were getting a steal," Nagy said on Saturday.

Coming off a season in which he had 61 receptions for 631 yards and 4 touchdowns, Nagy is intrigued with what he's seen so far by Mooney this offseason, specifically in one area.

“It’s more routes. He’s putting his own spin and stamp on more routes," Nagy said. "Like last year he had a couple of routes that he was really good at and it’s not like he just got good at running [routes].”

Mooney was appreciative of the compliment and following another impressive practice, he talked a little more in-depth about his route running and the process that went into it form this year to the offseason. So far, there everything appears to be good with where Mooney thinks he's at but he does know there is still room to get better and be more confident in his game.

However, you wouldn't expect that after seeing him in training camp looking like a more polished product.

“My route running, I feel like it’s up to par. I appreciate the comment from coach Nagy," Mooney said. "I’m working to get better, getting more confident in my routes, getting more comfortable with the quarterback and being on time with the quarterback.” Last year I was more so just trying to just be at the right place at the right time," Mooney said. "This year I’m more comfortable just taking my time, being more at pace and being able to just win the route and then the quarterback hit me. So just having that confidence and being able to run the route is definitely different than last year.”

The other thing Nagy pointed out was how he’d Mooney works and his willingness to learn from Allen Robinson, who has taken the young receiver under his wing a little bit.

“And he’s proven us so far to be what we thought he was. Because he works hard. And the other thing is, A-Rob’s his mentor," Nagy said. "A-Rob’s teaching him a lot of stuff, and that’s to his credit for latching on to him and now he’s putting it out there on tape and it’s just, it’s fun to see.”

Mooney admitted earlier in training camp that he's attached to the hip of Robinson as the two worked out together in the offseason. Robinson is a great mentor to have as he's a player that has established himself as one of the top receivers in the league.

And for Mooney, the goal is to always get better and become the best he can be in his career here in Chicago.

"I want to be a precise route runner," Mooney said. "And I want to be known for my route running and just being able to do things after the ball."