2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

3 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

I was solid at Ivey>>>>Sharpe>>Murray but all these reports of poor workouts is a bit concerning. Could be draft smoke screens but it’s been multiple teams.

I think the Thunder have been one of the teams driving that narrative because they want to move up for him.

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Assuming the first 4 are Jabari, Chet, Banchero, and Ivey. Does Detroit play it safe with someone like Murray or Mathurin, or do they swing for the fences with Sharpe?

@Sllim Pickens @catcheryea

Troy Weaver has shown in the past that he's willing to take chances on raw players with elite physical tools. I think I'd probably be inclined to take Sharpe if I were the Pistons. He's definitely the biggest boom/bust player in the class but if he hits, Sharpe/Cade could be a championship level duo.

it sounds like sharpe has botched just about every stage of this process and if he's interviewing really poorly i can definitely see troy not being a fan

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Assuming the first 4 are Jabari, Chet, Banchero, and Ivey. Does Detroit play it safe with someone like Murray or Mathurin, or do they swing for the fences with Sharpe?

@Sllim Pickens @catcheryea

Troy Weaver has shown in the past that he's willing to take chances on raw players with elite physical tools. I think I'd probably be inclined to take Sharpe if I were the Pistons. He's definitely the biggest boom/bust player in the class but if he hits, Sharpe/Cade could be a championship level duo.

Would assume Murray is the pick there.  Maybe even Mathurin there.

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I actually really like a lot of wings later in this years draft. 

• Dalen Terry, Arizona (6'7" 195, 7'1" WS)

• Jalen Williams, Santa Clara (6'6" 210, 7'2" WS)

• Bryce McGowens, Nebraska (6'7" 181, 6'9" WS)

• Wendell Moore, Duke (6'6" 210, 7'0" WS) 

All of these guys are big wings with playmaking/two way potential. 

Hoping one of them falls to the kings first 2nd, or have the Kings package both their 2nds and secure one.

28 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Hoping one of them falls to the kings first 2nd, or have the Kings package both their 2nds and secure one.

McGowens is my favorite of the group. Terry is tooled up to the gills but McGowens has that killer mentality on offense. He attacks the hoop relentlessly and that's not something that is easily taught. I think he has 20 PPG potential in the NBA if he gets to the right place. Would love him on the Bucks but, if we keep the pick, we're taking a ready made guy like EJ Liddell, Christian Koloko, Andrew Nembhard, Jake LaRavia or Ochai Agbaji.

1 hour ago, catcheryea said:

there must be something in the air in the pacific northwest because kings fans think they're getting bey, 5, and a future first (literally impossible) for 4 and portland thinks they're getting grant for a 2025 bucks pick

It's that reefer madness

Edited by NYRaider

5 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

I think Terry, Williams, and McGowen all go in the late first.

Edited by NYRaider

Just now, CWood21 said:

He was hired on May 9, 2008 and the 2008 Draft wasn't until June 26th.  I'm not sure how much input he had into that pick.

They took Hayes who was young and raw so missing on another early first pick would be bad.

10 hours ago, catcheryea said:

it sounds like sharpe has botched just about every stage of this process and if he's interviewing really poorly i can definitely see troy not being a fan

It could also just be one team pushing that narrative in hopes that he slides down the board.