2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

2 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

New rumor coming out that the Grizz are looking to make a big move to move up the board, looking at pick 4. Desmond Bane and Brandon Clarke for 4 is what it’s thought to look like.

The odds that Ivey is drafted by the Knicks have went from like +800 to +250 in the last 24 hours.

9 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Agreed but I thought he was their only untouchable? I can’t see them giving up 11 and RJ for Ivey. Wouldn’t leave them with very much at all to contend.

He's really their only valuable young asset unless they're going to give up Toppin, Reddish, and #11. Ivey is a CAA client and they basically run the Knicks organization so there has been a strong push for them to find a way to land him.

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

Has anyone been doing comps?

I liken Benedict Mathurian to Joe Johnson. Bucket getting sharp shooter with great size. I think he’s gonna average 22+ in the league. 

Nowhere near the handles or creative ability either for himself or others.  It’s hard to find a good comp off the top of my head most guys with his athletic profile come into the league better of the bounce but nowhere near as good of shooters 

19 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Still think that Banchero stuff is a smokescreen.  I'll be shocked if he isnt a Houston Rocket.

Is it even rumor or merely reaction to the betting line moving? I have no idea but it could just as well be Vegas trying scare people into a bit of hedging 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10039302-bs-meter-for-2022-nba-draft-rumors-latest-on-paolo-banchero-jaden-ivey-more

Expect the Magic to eventually settle on Smith with the first overall pick, the Oklahoma City to take Holmgren at No. 2 and Banchero to indeed be selected by Houston at three, with the team wisely passing on Ivey.

This is why I'm never excited even in the rare instances the Kings jump up in the lottery. They're really gonna pass on Ivey for Murray. Nothing like bad teams drafting for fit instead of taking BPA. Not surprised though, the franchises only clear goal is to simply end the playoff drought by any means. Making the 7-10 seed play in tourney once or twice over the next few years and maybe getting the 8 seed and getting swept is the ceiling they are aiming for