2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

Shaedon Sharpe seems to be the real wild card in this years draft, he's risky but he's talented. 

Some of the guys I like later in the draft: 

• Kennedy Chandler | PG | Tennessee

• Patrick Baldwin Jr | F | UW Milwaukee 

• Nikola Jović | F | Serbia 

• Kendall Brown | F | Baylor 

• Jean Montero | PG | OTE

• Wendell Moore Jr | GF | Duke

On 3/28/2022 at 4:18 PM, NYRaider said:

My top 5 of Jalen, Cade, Mobley, Barnes, and Kuminga looking filthy right now though.

Lol aren’t you the guy that constantly posted how overrated Cade was? That Green was the next Kobe and Franz was terrible and barely draftable?  Most of your takes were huge misses.  

I was on the Green over Cade wagon too.  And I still love Greens upside.  Both are playing better late in the season and have flashed that potential.  Neither has been good on D and Cade needs to cut the turnovers down (almost had a triple double with turnovers the other day) but I am excited to see both of these guys in two years.  

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I was on the Green over Cade wagon too.  And I still love Greens upside.  Both are playing better late in the season and have flashed that potential.  Neither has been good on D and Cade needs to cut the turnovers down (almost had a triple double with turnovers the other day) but I am excited to see both of these guys in two years.  

i think cade's been pretty good defensively, especially for a young player who's also his team's #1 option. i'd love to see him stop picking up cheap fouls reaching in on help, and when he's in foul trouble he can be a revolving door, but i think that's more because he knows how important he is to the offense. he also gets caught ball watching sometimes and he needs to work on getting around screens, but a lot of nights he's drawing the other team's best guard initially, he's constantly switching onto bigs that have are trying to post up cory joseph after a switch (and he's surprisingly strong enough to hold his ground against most of them), and he's got incredibly active hands. he's gotten quite a few steals from guys who in a triple threat position just by knowing when to time his swipe down

i'd argue the last possession on jaylen brown in the celtics game detroit won was as good of an isolation defensive possession as anybody has had all year. he also had a possession when they beat milwaukee where he got switched onto portis, portis tried to back him down, cade stonewalled him, a help defender came, portis passed out to an open holiday, cade switched out onto him and forced holiday to airball a pullup jumper

6 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

i think cade's been pretty good defensively, especially for a young player who's also his team's #1 option. i'd love to see him stop picking up cheap fouls reaching in on help, and when he's in foul trouble he can be a revolving door, but i think that's more because he knows how important he is to the offense. he also gets caught ball watching sometimes and he needs to work on getting around screens, but a lot of nights he's drawing the other team's best guard initially, he's constantly switching onto bigs that have are trying to post up cory joseph after a switch (and he's surprisingly strong enough to hold his ground against most of them), and he's got incredibly active hands. he's gotten quite a few steals from guys who in a triple threat position just by knowing when to time his swipe down

i'd argue the last possession on jaylen brown in the celtics game detroit won was as good of an isolation defensive possession as anybody has had all year. he also had a possession when they beat milwaukee where he got switched onto portis, portis tried to back him down, cade stonewalled him, a help defender came, portis passed out to an open holiday, cade switched out onto him and forced holiday to airball a pullup jumper

He definitely has his moments but in general, neither have been great on D.  Especially looking at advanced stats.  But they definitely both have things to build on.  It also has to be hard to play D when the team is so bad and there isn't much to play for now other than ROY.  Cade has the ability, but he has a lot of room for growth and consistency.  

6 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

Lol aren’t you the guy that constantly posted how overrated Cade was? That Green was the next Kobe and Franz was terrible and barely draftable?  Most of your takes were huge misses.  

I still think Jalen Green has the potential to be very good. Cade's numbers are almost identical to MCW's rookie numbers, wouldn't crown him yet. 

I missed on Franz Wagner, didn't see the lottery love. But was spot on with Jalen Suggs, I said he was like Lonzo Ball but a worse shooter, shooting like 20% from 3. 

I was higher on Jonathan Kuminga, Scottie Barnes, and Evan Mobley than anyone on here and hit on all 3, lol.

6 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

Age 19...

Player A: 15.4 ppg | 3.1 rpg | 2.5 apg on .428 | .341 | .794 splits

Player B: 16.1 ppg | 3.3 rpg | 2.6 apg on .417 | .334 | .803 splits

57 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I still think Jalen Green has the potential to be very good. Cade's numbers are almost identical to MCW's rookie numbers, wouldn't crown him yet. 

I missed on Franz Wagner, didn't see the lottery love. But was spot on with Jalen Suggs, I said he was like Lonzo Ball but a worse shooter, shooting like 20% from 3. 

I was higher on Jonathan Kuminga, Scottie Barnes, and Evan Mobley than anyone on here and hit on all 3, lol.

Just because Cade is better than you thought doesn't mean we think he's going to be a superstar. The MCW comparison is lazy. Cade has already shown he has impact that goes beyond box stats.

Who is who?

19.1 ppg 6.2 rpg 6.1 apg 4.0 topg 41.5-32.3-84.1

19.7 ppg 7.4 rpg 7.7 apg 3.6 topg 43.6-35.2-75.8

19.1 ppg 5.0 rpg 5.4 apg 3.1 topg 41.7-29.0-75.4

19.5 ppg 5.1 rpg 5.6 apg 2.9 topg 45.8-25.5-74.8

16.9 ppg 5.4 rpg 5.9 apg 3.7 topg 39.8-27.1-81.5

18.0 ppg 5.3 rpg 6.6 apg 4.0 topg 44.5-34.5-78.6

Does it even matter? Not really.

Just now, Bullet Club said:

Just because Cade is better than you thought doesn't mean we think he's going to be a superstar. The MCW comparison is lazy. Cade has already shown he has impact that goes beyond box stats.

Who is who?

19.1 ppg 6.2 rpg 6.1 apg 4.0 topg 41.5-32.3-84.1

19.7 ppg 7.4 rpg 7.7 apg 3.6 topg 43.6-35.2-75.8

19.1 ppg 5.0 rpg 5.4 apg 3.1 topg 41.7-29.0-75.4

19.5 ppg 5.1 rpg 5.6 apg 2.9 topg 45.8-25.5-74.8

16.9 ppg 5.4 rpg 5.9 apg 3.7 topg 39.8-27.1-81.5

18.0 ppg 5.3 rpg 6.6 apg 4.0 topg 44.5-34.5-78.6

Does it even matter? Not really.

Cade the type to get you 6 assists/5 turnovers, point god.