Eagles LT Jason Peters tore his ACL and MCL

marky mark

1 hour ago, eagles101 said:

Hes old and have been injured every year for a while now. Great player but we should have been looking at him as already injured for the last few years.

He's played 16 games 3 of the last 4 years and 14 games the one year he hasn't.

Nine time pro bowler, 6 time all pro , played at an elite level for 12 years, how is this guy not a HoF LT.  He would have been an all pro and pro bowler this year if he hadn't got hurt.The only thing Peters didn't do is win a Super Bowl. If this guy isn't a HoFer, who is?

Sometimes Matts just makes the most ridiculous arguments.

11 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

In the last 10 years, Joe Thomas and Jason Peters have been playing in the same level. I would say 1a and 1b, with Thomas being a little bit ahead. But if Thomas is a HOF player, then so is Peters. He is a once in a generation type LT.

Oh please...

Take the Green Shades off and you'll see how silly that sounds..

1 hour ago, BLick12 said:

He's played 16 games 3 of the last 4 years and 14 games the one year he hasn't.

Hes also talked about hes payed injuried because there wasnt a good enough back up. He played a lot but hes been beat up bad the last few years. 

51 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Nine time pro bowler, 6 time all pro , played at an elite level for 12 years, how is this guy not a HoF LT.  He would have been an all pro and pro bowler this year if he hadn't got hurt.The only thing Peters didn't do is win a Super Bowl. If this guy isn't a HoFer, who is?

Sometimes Matts just makes the most ridiculous arguments.

I'm convinced he is Skip Bayless.

3 hours ago, eagles101 said:

Hes also talked about hes payed injuried because there wasnt a good enough back up. He played a lot but hes been beat up bad the last few years. 

Ok - well, he's still suited up and played at a high level. So your statement still doesn't make any sense.  

This might've been his best year to date too, he was playing unreal and not just for his age.  

17 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

Ok - well, he's still suited up and played at a high level. So your statement still doesn't make any sense.  

This might've been his best year to date too, he was playing unreal and not just for his age.  

So what if he suited up? When your constantly hurt and playing through injuries its only a matter of time before something goes out. But watching him play and seeing that he was a near constant on the injury report points to a body falling apart. High level player and a true warrior to play at this level for this long, but this is a major suprise. It honestly would have suprised me if he made it through this season without a major injury.

Just now, eagles101 said:

So what if he suited up? When your constantly hurt and playing through injuries its only a matter of time before something goes out. But watching him play and seeing that he was a near constant on the injury report points to a body falling apart. High level player and a true warrior to play at this level for this long, but this is a major suprise. It honestly would have suprised me if he made it through this season without a major injury.

Dude, guys play banged up literally every single week. Peters has definitely had some general wear and tear the last few years, but a catastrophic knee injury like this has nothing to do with him breaking down and everything to do with being unlucky and having a 300 pound lineman cave his knee the wrong direction.

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

If I'm the niners, I'm calling the Eagles about Staley and trying to gouge the heck out of them. May not happen, but its at least worth a phone call. 

Not sure what he makes, but I doubt we have the cap space unless they eat a ton of it, which would only drive the price up higher.  Don't really see it happening, we already lack a lot of high picks this year.

Just now, BLick12 said:

Not sure what he makes, but I doubt we have the cap space unless they eat a ton of it, which would only drive the price up higher.  Don't really see it happening, we already lack a lot of high picks this year.

You would be up against the cap this year...but last i heard, you have about 5 million in space, and the remainder of his salary this year is just under 5 million (assuming it happened after this week, would be about 4.125). The next two years aren't an issue - his base goes down substantially in the final 2 years of his deal - 4.8 million which is ridiculously low for a decent starting left tackle. He has a 500k roster bonus and 200k work out, so his cap hit is still only 5.5 the next years. 

Archived