Yellowstone Mafia - Town wins!

bcb1213

8 hours ago, The Orca said:

Don't vote yourself and go that route

Its has been seen far too often. Usually it's a scum tell, but so many have done it over the last year or so that's its a null tell and just bad either way

If you are town and think you are getting close to being lynched you can always claim your character and if its really close your role and see if that is enough to ease the assault. Some times its not and you are going to be lynched incorrectly. In those instances keep fighting to find scum and convince town. Lynching yourself as town is really really really bad for town. You can also look at who is pushing you cause most times a scum is in on mislynches (not all the time though, especially early its a crapshoot) and see who is making a legit case and who isn't. The person that isnt is usually a town follower or scum imo. Things very though as I'm sure you have seen in a game in a half.

If you are scum...nothing is stopping you, have at it lol

To be honest, I was just tired and irritated after a long, rough day of work. Reading squire's post sort of blew my mind: I've leaned in the direction of him being scum for some time, but, if he's town, that's... shocking summarization. How town would vote me over Nacho is just... it's wild.

I feel like this is what happened last game as well: for some reason, it seems like town players just love to switch votes to follow clear scum players in voting out town players. When they do that, it's like they never actually get bothered by the scum player that manipulated them.

I'm keeping this here until I'm out. Nacho.

9 hours ago, The Orca said:

Not bad. I like the first part, but that last part is just screaming "look at me" when Josh flips scum. I highly doubt if scum he would think he could sway 5-6 people onto Bucs and draw attention to himself for no reason

So you think nacho was bussing Josh on d1 and then 15 minutes before the end of d1 bailed on the bussing plan?  Is that not the same thing that when Josh flips scum, " look at me"?

I just don't see the case for nacho doing that as scum.

9 hours ago, The Orca said:

He is new but wouldn't that follow more in line of how he played last game. Forming an opinion and sticking to it

Maybe, but doesn't that lack some critical thinking to consider other options?

9 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Why defend myself? I mean, honestly, it's all just so foolish. And, yeah, I had a long and somewhat miserable day at work, so that isn't helping, but I don't understand what people do in this game.

Step 1. Nacho acts suspiciously, which is observed by many.

Step 2. People vote for Nacho.

Step 3. Nacho pushes for someone else.

Step 4. Those people switch off of Nacho.

Step 5. That other person is killed. They are town.

Step 6. Those other people inexplicably just ignore Steps 1-5 and move onto the next obscure theory. (Usually driven by Nacho.)

I don't see how anyone that's actually town would do that.

Step 1. TL acts suspiciously, which is observed by a few 

Step 2. 1 or 2 vote for TL.

Step 3. TL self votes.

There's not a lot of good in here.

Regardless, Nacho has done things in lockstep with swoosh and Tk3 this entire time.

D1. Josh has 0 votes against him. The first person to vote Josh is Nacho. Tk3 immediately votes Josh as well. Swoosh follows up with a Josh vote minutes later.

D2: Both swoosh and Tk3 vote Nacho before both switch their votes to Matts (town) to kill him off, a clear "look at us, we tried to go after him, don't suspect we're working together" move.

I just don't understand how actual town players aren't looking at these moves and saying "well, they're obviously working closely together".

8 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

There are two options here: 1) you're town, my read was bad and you like killing town, or 2) you're not town and I was right.

Why is it so astounding for new players to not realize the odds that town will vote out town fairly often early in games?

Hypothetical here, this game with 16 players.  Starting ratio is 12 town and 4 scum.

D1, any Town player has an 11/15 chance to vote a town player....73%

D2, we voted out 1 scum and lost 1 town.  Ratio 11 town to 3 scum.  10 /13 chance to vote a town player....77%

Yet some like to really push the narrative of "vote out anyone that voted out a town player"

10 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

... unless he's part of a third faction, which we know likely exists based on the summarization of possible scum groups posted pages ago.

So why would nacho move his vote is Josh was not his teammate?  It only draws attention to him, which scum wants to avoid as much as possible early in games

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Why is it so astounding for new players to not realize the odds that town will vote out town fairly often early in games?

Hypothetical here, this game with 16 players.  Starting ratio is 12 town and 4 scum.

D1, any Town player has an 11/15 chance to vote a town player....73%

D2, we voted out 1 scum and lost 1 town.  Ratio 11 town to 3 scum.  10 /13 chance to vote a town player....77%

Yet some like to really push the narrative of "vote out anyone that voted out a town player"

It's trends. Behaviors. When one person acting in extremely suspicious ways pushes a vote that turns out to be scum, that player should be scrutinized next.

4 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Please explain.

Here...

10 hours ago, squire12 said:
On 8/10/2021 at 6:46 PM, bcb1213 said:

Vote count 

Nacho --1--Matts

ET - - 1 --Bucs

No vote - - 1-, Hokie, 

Bucs--1-, TL 

Josh - - 7-nacho, Tk3, swoosh, ET, squire, Orca, Raves 

Raves - - 4-Jason, Pickle, Josh, Scoundrel 

9 to eliminate

Day ends at 8 PM east

Expand  

Vast majority of posts after this are from 

Scoundrel, swoosh, Raves, Josh, squire

TL posts a few below, as did nacho

now nacho moved off josh and takes a ton of heat.  Yet the TL posts below just feels like someone wanting to save a scummate but not able to

On 8/10/2021 at 6:52 PM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Is there a rationale in voting out Josh over someone who hasn't been active... like... at all?

I suspected bucs initially, and he's still not posting. I don't see why he wouldn't be a better target for town.

looking for reasoning on a Josh vote, and suggests an inactive as an alternative

On 8/10/2021 at 6:55 PM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I don't think I feel comfortable following a train around this late. I'm on bucs, and I'll happily stay on him if town wants to follow suit.

not wanting to follow a train, yet just is happy to park a vote off a main wagon

On 8/10/2021 at 7:04 PM, bcb1213 said:

Josh has been voted out. Write - up shortly followed by night 

TL

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

So why would nacho move his vote is Josh was not his teammate?  It only draws attention to him, which scum wants to avoid as much as possible early in games

So those scum names weren't sitting on the same final vote line next to each other? Here's the line one hour before the end of the voting period:

Josh - - 7-nacho, Tk3, swoosh, ET, squire, Orca, Raves

He wanted to distance himself from Tk3, swoosh, and, presumably, you.