Yellowstone Mafia - Town wins!

bcb1213

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

This VC and the time immediately afterwards is very interesting

Instead of latching onto a Matts line, Josh instead decides to no lynch, and is immediately supported in that vote by TL2.

TL2 recants afterwards, voting bucsfan instead

Swoosh, ET80, squire then jumps on Josh and things escalate from there

This sequence ends with another VC:

Interesting to note that nearly everyone on the Josh wagon was previously on the Matts wagon, and that confirmed scum Josh viewed the No Vote wagon as preferable to the Matts one.

I think this cements Matts as a likely Josh partner and almost completely vindicate Tk3, swoosh, ET, and squire. TL2 looks a bit worse, rereading this.

Top scum candidates... Matts, Pickle, Jason

I'm not sure I'm buying the "Josh should have voted Matts, but didn't so Matts is probably scum with him"

Last game Josh didn't even place a vote to save himself, you had to do it. If anything, I think Raves was his best bet option, not Matts. If anything I'd say "Josh refused to vote for Raves"

• Like 4

Just now, ET80 said:

That's part of it (it's his meta, I get it). Part of it is him flooding the thread with gifs taking away from actual discussion between TL and Nacho.

It's a read for now. Curious as to thoughts on it.

Certainly fair. My thoughts so far on Scoundrel are neutral. He'd make a push to save Josh regardless, so I can't really use that to make a read. To be determined. 

With that being said, I do think Scoundrel would be an easy scapegoat for scum to push so I'm watching that. This excludes anyone new to mafia though - those are the reads I'd expect them to have. 

At the same time, I don't know how anyone could have a town read on him. 

17 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Guys take it easy on me I’m going through some stuff right now. Katie made the wrong choice on the Bachelorette. I’m fragile.

Self preserving raves vote

17 hours ago, Raves said:

I'm just going to put it out there, lynching me is a bad idea.

17 hours ago, Raves said:

josh

sorry

17 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Vote count 

Nacho --1--Matts

ET - - 1 --Bucs

No vote - - 1-, Hokie, 

Bucs--1-, TL 

Josh - - 7-nacho, Tk3, swoosh, ET, squire, Orca, Raves 

Raves - - 4-Jason, Pickle, Josh, Scoundrel 

9 to eliminate

Day ends at 8 PM east

17 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Let’s go back to nacho lads

5 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I'm not sure I'm buying the "Josh should have voted Matts, but didn't so Matts is probably scum with him"

Last game Josh didn't even place a vote to save himself, you had to do it. If anything, I think Raves was his best bet option, not Matts. If anything I'd say "Josh refused to vote for Raves"

Josh was already on raves.  Why he moved off to someone else is interesting.

Was it to set up a mis elimination today if players thought raves was his scummate?

1 minute ago, swoosh said:

Certainly fair. My thoughts so far on Scoundrel are neutral. He'd make a push to save Josh regardless, so I can't really use that to make a read. To be determined. 

With that being said, I do think Scoundrel would be an easy scapegoat for scum to push so I'm watching that. This excludes anyone new to mafia though - those are the reads I'd expect them to have. 

At the same time, I don't know how anyone could have a town read on him. 

I have a town lean on scoundrel.

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Im not buying this Scoundrel movement.. ppl taking an easy route

But why is it easy? Because he didn't just question the Josh votes, but fought hard to keep people from voting for him, who was discovered to be scum? I mean, if it's easy, it's easy for a reason.

Josh voted for Nacho. Nacho voted for Josh, then moved his vote off of Josh at the last second. Nacho has then tried (hard) to pull the heat off of Scoundrel.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Josh was already on raves.  Why he moved off to someone else is interesting.

Was it to set up a mis elimination today if players thought raves was his scummate?

I think we're ALL over thinking that..

My whole point was that Nacho's argument isn't a good one IMO

I think Josh just moved around looking for something to stick. When there was an exodus off Raves, he went too

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

But why is it easy? Because he didn't just question the Josh votes, but fought hard to keep people from voting for him, who was discovered to be scum? I mean, if it's easy, it's easy for a reason.

Josh voted for Nacho. Nacho voted for Josh, then moved his vote off of Josh at the last second. Nacho has then tried (hard) to pull the heat off of Scoundrel.

Generally speaking... generally speaking this early in the game, scum isn't going to give their game away by all protecting one another. You're never going to "solve the game" by connecting all the D1 dots

There will be things here and there, some of them will be real catches, some of them will be nothings

Scum usually votes one another early, as a misdirect.. which is why all my spidey senses went off regarding Nacho

• Like 1