Preseason Week 1 GDT - Trey Lance Debut

N4L

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lance just does things you want to see from a QB. Once things slow down for him, he's going to take this offense to crazy heights. Really worked on his game over the past year. 

I'm perfectly content to roll with the bumps of him as QB this year. You're going to have to endure them anyway at some point. Even if he were to sit a year, he'd still be making mistakes next year that associated with inexperience. The things I want him to get better with are the things that are remedied through playing.  I don't say that based on this game of course...just I don't see anything wrong with starting him at this point. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I've been pretty impressed with that, to be honest. Also surprised there haven't been designed runs. 

Oh, not surprised one bit they aren't calling any designed runs. They aren't going to do that until the season starts or at the earliest in the third preseason game.

Street continues being a killer in TC and yet does absolutely nothing in actual games lol. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm perfectly content to roll with the bumps of him as QB this year. You're going to have to endure them anyway at some point. Even if he were to sit a year, he'd still be making mistakes next year that associated with inexperience. The things I want him to get better with are the things that are remedied through playing. 

Bingo! And he does enough good to still be effective even with his inexperience. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh, not surprised one bit they aren't calling any designed runs. They aren't going to do that until the season starts or at the earliest in the third preseason game.

Street continues being a killer in TC and yet does absolutely nothing in actual games lol. 

I can't imagine that Street makes the roster this year, but if he does, it will be one of hte most improbable players to survive his rookie contract I've ever seen LOL 

Just now, Forge said:

I can't imagine that Street makes the roster this year, but if he does, it will be one of hte most improbable players to survive his rookie contract I've ever seen LOL 

Supposedly the most disruptive DL in camp but again how often do we hear that??? He just does nothing in games. 

• Like 1

James has been a disaster this off season. I don't know how he makes the roster at this point. I just can't trust him as a receiver and he's simply not good enough overall as a returner. 

Aiyuk, Deebo, Sanu, Sherfield, Jennings should be the top 5. 

• Like 2