Bears LT Teven Jenkins will have back surgery

Blackstar12

12 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Ifedi is the RG. Wrong again.

I don't know how you could possibly conclude this when he's been on the PUP with an injury and hasn't been listed on any of the team's preseason depth charts. But every indication is he's playing OT. The most likely scenario is that Ifedi takes the RT spot with Daniels and Whitehair both playing OG.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

Cutting Leno wasn't a bad move, not having any sort of solid plan when cutting him was a bad move.

I mean…isn’t that sort of the same thing? 

Yes, cutting a starter on a deep roster wouldn’t be a problem, but the Bears aren’t deep along the OL. Therefore cutting the starter seems like a questionable move. Seems one in the same to me, shrug. 

36 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I mean…isn’t that sort of the same thing? 

Yes, cutting a starter on a deep roster wouldn’t be a problem, but the Bears aren’t deep along the OL. Therefore cutting the starter seems like a questionable move. Seems one in the same to me, shrug. 

Cutting someone who wasn't good at all, regressed from average for three years and was almost making 10 mil a year it was a fore gone conclusion that the Bears were going to cut him. But they did so counting only on a rookie with no depth behind him at all, that is the part of how they mishandled it that I don't like.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

Cutting someone who wasn't good at all, regressed from average for three years and was almost making 10 mil a year it was a fore gone conclusion that the Bears were going to cut him. But they did so counting only on a rookie with no depth behind him at all, that is the part of how they mishandled it that I don't like.

Cutting him with depth = smart.

Cutting him with weak depth = not smart.

Bears have weak depth. 

Therefore cutting him is..?

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

Since you can't understand, he was gone no matter what.

Why is he gone no matter what? Because of his salary? 

I’d rather have an overpaid but reliable starting LT protecting my franchise investment over what the Bears are dealing with right now.

21 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Cutting him with depth = smart.

Cutting him with weak depth = not smart.

Starting a below average tackle to protect your future franchise QB = Not smart

Paying said below average tackle 11.3M = Not smart

Not releasing said below average tackle when your team could save 9M during a year they are strapped = Not smart

21 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Bears have weak depth. 

How many teams in the league have strong depth at OL? For full transparency I want you or anyone else to name them all, I'll wait.

2 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Why is he gone no matter what? Because of his salary? 

I’d rather have an overpaid but reliable starting LT protecting my franchise investment over what the Bears are dealing with right now.

We are still talking about Leno right?

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Bears gambled on cutting a reliable LT to save $9million and plug in a rookie with medical red flags.

Despite Bear's fans protests, Leno has never missed a start in 5 seasons and was never graded as below average by PFF. 

Literally the definition of "reliable".

This is the same PFF that graded Rodgers game as average despite him throwing over 300 yards with 5 TDs and no interceptions right. Yeah I think they are trust worthy.