Week 2 Preseason GDT

Sad People

Just now, wackywabbit said:

Flacco is a no-drama professional who can place the ball all over the field and posses no threat/pressure to replace the starting QB. Pretty ideal behind a young QB, IMO.

The "mobile" QBs we got in Baltimore behind Lamar aren't helping our depth receivers develop. I'd rather have Flacco.

its been several years since Flacco has been a viable NFL player. plenty of #2s around the league much better than him. if you want a no-drama professional you could go get RG3, as has been mentioned in this thread. brissett was also available. i dno. 

3 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Nice throw into double coverage lmfao

You know what's really funny? The Patriots getting thoroughly outplayed in the joint practices we had. 

Your coaches had to move your team out of 11 on 11s into 7 on 7s cause our DL was making life hell on your QBs and even in 7 on 7s Newton was getting trolled for just checking down with no pass rush.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

You know what's really funny? The Patriots getting thoroughly outplayed in the joint practices we had. 

Your coaches had to move your team out of 11 on 11s into 7 on 7s cause our DL was making life hell on your QBs and even in 7 on 7s Newton was getting trolled for just checking down with no pass rush.

we talkin bout practice

but seriously, from what ive read, some of the teams doing these dual practices have said the scrimmages are more game-like than the preseason games

• Like 2

Just now, Turnobili said:

we talkin bout practice

but seriously, from what ive read, some of the teams doing these dual practices have said the scrimmages are more game-like than the preseason games

Yeah, I mean I'd rather Hurts be out there right now, but we have joint practices with the Jets next week, so at least there is that.

29 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Brissett ran a slower 40 than Flacco.

Brissett is also 28 years old and in his two years as a starter rushed for 260 yards/4 TD and 228 yards/4 TD. Either one of those years is more rushing yards than Flacco rushed for in his last 4 full seasons as a started combined. 

3 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Everything I've read about the joint practices are that they're actually more beneficial for teams than preseason games. Primarily because coaches can run a lot of situational plays/scenarios and you get hours of full offense vs full defense. 

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

What size?

He's 6'1" 220 and averaged 12 carries per game in his 4 starts last season. If you project that over the course of a 17 game season that's over 200 carries. He was also sacked 10 times in those 4 games, which projects to around 35 sacks. So he's on pace to be hit like 250 times as a smaller QB. How often have running QB's stayed healthy in the NFL? And even if he is healthy haven't the reports from camp been pretty meh? He struggled big time down the stretch last season. So as I said, I'd bet a significant amount of money that Flacco is playing for you at QB at some point this season.