Dak article

Matts4313

wousa69unbi71.jpg?width=589&auto=webp&s=

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2021/08/19/dak-prescott-cover-story-brothers-suicide-broken-ankle-mental-health-recovery

Prescott would summon those same vibes this summer, when he missed significant time during training camp with a right shoulder injury. Even though he hated missing all the reps he sought in practice, he did not attempt a single throw for weeks, jumping in for handoffs and simulating drop-backs—running through the motions, except for his favorite one. He reminded himself of Jeter’s advice. He knew he didn’t want to miss games like last year. He also watched motivational videos sent over by an assistant coach every morning at 5 a.m. One line in particular resonated: the patient man is the wealthiest one. The patient man returned to throwing in late August; his outlook, improved, his immediate future, not entirely clear.

He’s now a mental health advocate. In a sense, he’s reluctant—he feels guilty because of why he has become that, because his brother died and no amount of awareness raised or lives saved will bring him back. That’s what Prescott means when he says he has “credibility in this” now. But at the same time, there’s not an ounce of reluctance—“a life taken to save millions,” one more accomplishment to manifest.

52 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Whether Dak ever leads us to a Super Bowl, is an open question. But there’s no one I’d rather root for on Sundays.

He's a really good guy, I don't doubt Dak's abilities. I doubt the front office to put the team around him and the staff capable of helping him to win the big one. 

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

Guess I'll put this here. Take it for what's it worth.

Mike Greenberg Has Brutally Honest Admission On Dak Prescott (thespun.com)

BTW, has any one seen TheGame316? Wasn't he the one constantly bashing Dak?

he was the worst of the worst.. yet there are still posters on here who won't admit they were wrong..