Preseason Week 2: Patriots @ Eagles

TheRealMcCoy

DeVonta? Wasn’t expecting this but he did start practicing a couple days ago. I thought since he didn’t even do 1 on 1s and just some team reps in the second joint practices Tuesday that he probably wouldn’t play, but here we are. I guess it makes sense since he probably wasn’t gonna play in the last preseason game since Hurts and the rest of the starters likely won’t.

Only nationally televised game for us this preseason. We are the only game tonight, so all eyes will be on Hurts. Really it’s one of the only times that will happen this year as we pnly have 2 prime time games in the regular season too which are the Cowboys late September on MNF and Bucs mid October for TNF. That’s it.

If DeVonta plays I don't expect him to play much at all, and likely won't see the ball. They probably just want to get him in the game to get him some experience before week one. Who knows though, maybe he is ready to let it rip.

I do hope Hurts gets at least 3 series tonight just cause I am being selfish and want to see him play. I can understand them not wanting to risk injury, mostly to our first team OL who I'd imagine stays on the field for all of Hurts' snaps.

Guys I really want to see tonight: Quez, Fulgham, Milton, Zech, and Tarron Jackson. 

If Quez can have another big game I think my excitement for him might get a bit crazy. Fulgham had a rough week according to most reports I have seen and I wonder if Quez stepping up is putting him into the shadows and affecting his play, he needs a big night. Milton had some dominant snaps last week, I want to see more flashes. Zech was up and down week one, but showed promise. Would love to see him progress. Tarron Jackson I thought had some really decent snaps week one and is currently a fringe roster kind of guy, would love to see him step up and earn that spot tonight with some big snaps.

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

3 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If DeVonta plays I don't expect him to play much at all, and likely won't see the ball. They probably just want to get him in the game to get him some experience before week one. Who knows though, maybe he is ready to let it rip.

I do hope Hurts gets at least 3 series tonight just cause I am being selfish and want to see him play. I can understand them not wanting to risk injury, mostly to our first team OL who I'd imagine stays on the field for all of Hurts' snaps.

Guys I really want to see tonight: Quez, Fulgham, Milton, Zech, and Tarron Jackson. 

If Quez can have another big game I think my excitement for him might get a bit crazy. Fulgham had a rough week according to most reports I have seen and I wonder if Quez stepping up is putting him into the shadows and affecting his play, he needs a big night. Milton had some dominant snaps last week, I want to see more flashes. Zech was up and down week one, but showed promise. Would love to see him progress. Tarron Jackson I thought had some really decent snaps week one and is currently a fringe roster kind of guy, would love to see him step up and earn that spot tonight with some big snaps.

I wonder if he's just not good.

23 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I wonder if he's just not good.

Went from people talking about him as the 2nd best WR behind DeVonta to Quez and Jalen outperforming him and being mentioned as a fringe roster guy along with JJAW who has been outperforming him a little bit or they haven't looked that different supposedly, but people/beat writers opinions of the two were opposite heading into camp so seeing anything from JJAW is like "hey look at that" and anytime Fulgham isn't showing out its gonna be a stock down report on him.

I'd still have him penciled in for now for a roster spot, but he definitely needs to show something these last 2 games and final weeks of camp.