Preseason Week 2: Patriots @ Eagles

TheRealMcCoy

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

We literally won every opening game with Doug until last year I am pretty sure lol...

Not saying I approve of not playing starters but this is just wrong.

We have two joint practice sessions with the Pats and the Jets. That helps fill the gap of less preseason playing time.

Cleveland and a lot of other teams played even less starters the first game than we did. When our first and second string were in last game we looked sharp.

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:
5 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Not a fan of starters not playing in the preseason. The eagles under Doug and his no preseason played a big part on his horribles start of the season.

Not a big fan either. But I guess they see what they need to in TC. 

Could be a rookie coach mistake attempting to copy McVay, whom has the same philosophy. 

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

We have two joint practice sessions with the Pats and the Jets. That helps fill the gap of less preseason playing time.

Cleveland and a lot of other teams played even less starters the first game than we did. When our first and second string were in last game we looked sharp.

Practice isn't a game. And young guys need game time. Yes joint practices are good, but I'd like to see guys play. If you disagree fine, but I don't think that practice is the same as playing in a game.

2 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Aside from 2017 you’d say that the Eagles played well the first games of the season?

Didn't we literally crush the Browns in 2016? 2018 was a slow start but we beat what people thought was a pretty good Falcons team. I remember that one well cause I was at the game. I can't really remember the 2019 game well, but we scored a ton of points.

Regardless you said we started slow under Doug because of preseason stuff. We went 4-1 in opening games behind him and were up by two+ scores in the first half of the Washington game last year before Carson had a massive collapse. It's just not true lol.