Browns place K Cody Parkey on IR

zelbell

IR with a quad injury? I suppose it could be that bad, but this kinda shows that the Browns would really like to replace Parkey imo.

I don't know if McLaughlin will hold on to the job either. He was pretty much neck-and-neck with Rodrigo Blankenship in Indy last year, but the team chose Blankenship. I mainly typed the last sentence so I had an excuse to type Rodrigo Blankenship. What an awesome name. One more time. Rodrigo Blankenship.

Won't be shocked if we already have a trade worked out for a kicker.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

IR with a quad injury? I suppose it could be that bad, but this kinda shows that the Browns would really like to replace Parkey imo.

I don't know if McLaughlin will hold on to the job either. He was pretty much neck-and-neck with Rodrigo Blankenship in Indy last year, but the team chose Blankenship. I mainly typed the last sentence so I had an excuse to type Rodrigo Blankenship. What an awesome name. One more time. Rodrigo Blankenship.

I wonder if we’ll trade for Ryan Santoso of the Giants. I’ve heard he’s been doing pretty good in their camp, but just not enough to push out the incumbent. They need offensive linemen so maybe there’s a trade to be made. 

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

Nobody tell Reggie about Shrimp Cheeseman.

https://www.washingtonfootball.com/team/players-roster/camaron-cheeseman/

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

If his injury wasn’t legit, there’d be a compliant filed with the NFLPA.

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

I wonder if we’ll trade for Ryan Santoso of the Giants. I’ve heard he’s been doing pretty good in their camp, but just not enough to push out the incumbent. They need offensive linemen so maybe there’s a trade to be made. 

Heard great things about him. He def would give us the recognition of the ST unit that will mostly whoop your butt. With the Scottish hammer and Santoso, who is 6’5 250. Both are pretty huge for their position. They say he can kick 65+ yards with easy. So he has plenty of leg to kick 50+ unlike Parkey. 

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I personally think this is a bit of a loss.  Parkey isn’t Phil the Drill, but he’s reasonably consistent. He won’t be easily replaced.

True but it sucks that he is only an option within 45 yards or closer. It be nice to get a kicker we could feel confident in from at least 55 or closer

52 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Heard great things about him. He def would give us the recognition of the ST unit that will mostly whoop your butt. With the Scottish hammer and Santoso, who is 6’5 250. Both are pretty huge for their position. They say he can kick 65+ yards with easy. So he has plenty of leg to kick 50+ unlike Parkey. 

Wow didn’t realize he was that big!  All I knew was he can boot it. Sign me up. Kicker makes me nervous right now. 

41 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Dudes who are money from inside 55 don’t grow on trees.

I didn’t say money but be confident that there is a chance. Can you name the last kicker you had confidence In that they could even come close to a 55 yarder that wasn’t Dawson?. Cant remember the last kicker that we had that had the ability to make a potential 55 yarder even.

last guy with the potential was maybe Zane and before that it was Dawson. It just be nice to know that if we needed to kick a 55yarder we actually had a chance at it and not need to get The Scottish hammer out for it. Even with his solid Parkey was, he was extremely shaky down the stretch last year 

Hell the last time the browns made a kick 55+ was back in 2008. I believe thst is because they didn’t have anyone with the leg to do that.

it just be nice to know if we got inside the 40 we have a legit chance to walking away with points because the kicker would have the leg to try the kick. Before it was, just try and get jnside the 30 to even have a shot at 3pts

Edited by buno67