Browns place K Cody Parkey on IR

zelbell

On 8/24/2021 at 3:52 PM, ReggieCamp said:

Was kinda guessing this. Didn't think a quad injury was enough to shelf him the whole year.

Dont blame it tho. You don’t want to waste a roster spot on an injured kicker. Since he got IR’d before the season, it’s for the year. I wonder if stuff goes side ways with our kicking game or they just hold a guy in place until Parkey gets healthy they bring him back:

35 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Dont blame it tho. You don’t want to waste a roster spot on an injured kicker. Since he got IR’d before the season, it’s for the year. I wonder if stuff goes side ways with our kicking game or they just hold a guy in place until Parkey gets healthy they bring him back:

Yeah this could very possibly just be to allow them to keep another player on the 53 and then bring him back at a later time.  Kinda like Greg Robinson a couple of years ago.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah this could very possibly just be to allow them to keep another player on the 53 and then bring him back at a later time.  Kinda like Greg Robinson a couple of years ago.

Maybe.

This one kinda feels like we've parted ways with Parkey.

I'm a little shaky on the new roster rules, but I don't think he can kick for the Browns this year at all (since he was IR'd), but he is now eligible to kick for someone else this year if he/they so choose. Doesn't sound like a move the team would make unless they were fine with losing him.

11 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Maybe.

I'm a little shaky on the new roster rules, but I don't think he can kick for the Browns this year at all (since he was IR'd), but he is now eligible to kick for someone else this year if he/they so choose. Doesn't sound like a move the team would make unless they were fine with losing him.

Yeah I’m not 100% sure about the rules.

I know if he’s IR’d before the season starts he’s done, but I’m not sure how the injury buyout impacts him resigning in month or whatever.

5 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Maybe.

I'm pretty sure we only play Parkey every 2-3years anyway