Raiders trade for LB Denzel Perryman

agarcia34

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

With Morrow likely done for the season I'd assume the plan is to play Kwit and Littleton in our nickel defense with Perryman playing SLB in our base defense. 

I would say that Morrow is going to miss like 10 games

Did Perryman ever play SLB for the chargers?

“Nothing against it. I mean, I know people that got the vaccination and still caught COVID, so to me it’s like, ‘what’s the point?’” said Perryman, who spoke to reporters Friday at training camp while wearing a mask.

What an idiotic statement, this should go well............ 

Seems a strange signing, we lose two very fast, cover LBs with injury and bring in a slow thumper who's dull as a box or rocks.

9 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I thought he made sense but people seem to think Kwiat is to slow.  Perryman is slower than Kwiat.

Meh i always thought perryman looked awkward when running his 40 At the combine seemed like he even tripped first time. Pro day I think he ran a 4.6 iirc. I think he plays faster than kwit in game speed. 

I liked the signing and the price. Now that I see his stance on not being vaccinated...I LOVE THIS GUY. 🥰    LOL 

I understand 'D's thoughts above and have tremendous respect for 'D' so that's all I've got to say other than I just like it when people stand up and say...'No' It's why I was a Raider fan at such a young age. 

I don't expect Perryman to be available more because of injury than anything else. At 1 million and experience in the system, I feel he's a great addition if were low balling the guy we really want and might be waiting til the first game. Or just not willing to budge which is fine as we have more depth as other guys heal up. 

Oh this is going to be a 'fun' season just for the 'drama' and to see how 'pressure' works or how people/players resist. I haven't watched a single pre-season game live because I'm losing interest in the NFL as a business. Hopefully games that count will get my interest being I can watch them at work but if I make another 'choice' then I think I gain my Sunday's and Monday nights back and get healthier with less pizza needed. Already reduced the drinking (work days) but it's interesting how the decision to walk away from football effects/affects things. I get more healthy and spend less money on food and drinks. Win win for me. 😁

1 hour ago, G said:

I liked the signing and the price. Now that I see his stance on not being vaccinated...I LOVE THIS GUY. 🥰    LOL 

I understand 'D's thoughts above and have tremendous respect for 'D' so that's all I've got to say other than I just like it when people stand up and say...'No' It's why I was a Raider fan at such a young age. 

Just want to clear up I absolutely respect his right not to be vaccinated. I have no problem at all with people rejecting a vaccination as their right. It's just the justification he gives is ridiculous and makes him sound very unaware of the situation and how vaccinations work 😀👍 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, G said:

I don't expect Perryman to be available more because of injury than anything else. At 1 million and experience in the system, I feel he's a great addition if were low balling the guy we really want and might be waiting til the first game. Or just not willing to budge which is fine as we have more depth as other guys heal up. 

Oh this is going to be a 'fun' season just for the 'drama' and to see how 'pressure' works or how people/players resist. I haven't watched a single pre-season game live because I'm losing interest in the NFL as a business. Hopefully games that count will get my interest being I can watch them at work but if I make another 'choice' then I think I gain my Sunday's and Monday nights back and get healthier with less pizza needed. Already reduced the drinking (work days) but it's interesting how the decision to walk away from football effects/affects things. I get more healthy and spend less money on food and drinks. Win win for me. 😁

8 hours ago, Turnobili said:

I don't think this is the 'place' to discuss this and I was in the thread where it is okay but honestly the people there convinced me to not follow that herd. I don't like group think and cultish behaviors, which is what I'm seeing. (on both sides) Which is funny because I was only waiting a year and probably going to get it but after seeing the 'real world evidence' and people's attitudes, behaviors and mandates, it's become a HELL NO!   

Karma, for every action there is a reaction. Usually I just try to fit in and not make noise/waves but this has activated me and the things I saw coming a year and half ago are now happening. I understand if you hate me for my decisions/choices and I'm okay with that. I don't think any less of someone who does because I understand perspectives other than my own. I just don't have to act on those perceptions. 

EDIT: How I think this affects Perryman is if he gets it and we forefit a game we will be PO'd I don't think it will happen because the NFL has to produce a product and was able to last year. The 'pressure' is on now and if enough stand up the pressure is redirected back at the business. I think he will start a few games while other's heal up and miss a few games due to injury. 

Edited by G

On 8/25/2021 at 10:08 PM, NYRaider said:

With Morrow likely done for the season I'd assume the plan is to play Kwit and Littleton in our nickel defense with Perryman playing SLB in our base defense. 

I still like Kwiat more than Morrow but we will see if GB's system is missing something without Morrow.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Meh i always thought perryman looked awkward when running his 40 At the combine seemed like he even tripped first time. Pro day I think he ran a 4.6 iirc. I think he plays faster than kwit in game speed. 

I think they make up for their lack of top end speed by not taking false steps or bad angles.  I never thought Kwiat was to slow and I saw the value of bringing in Perryman.   

• Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 10:44 PM, G said:

I don't think this is the 'place' to discuss this and I was in the thread where it is okay but honestly the people there convinced me to not follow that herd. I don't like group think and cultish behaviors, which is what I'm seeing. (on both sides) Which is funny because I was only waiting a year and probably going to get it but after seeing the 'real world evidence' and people's attitudes, behaviors and mandates, it's become a HELL NO!   

Karma, for every action there is a reaction. Usually I just try to fit in and not make noise/waves but this has activated me and the things I saw coming a year and half ago are now happening. I understand if you hate me for my decisions/choices and I'm okay with that. I don't think any less of someone who does because I understand perspectives other than my own. I just don't have to act on those perceptions. 

Look if you are going off the facts and science the mandate should not push you to not get it.  I do not know where you work or live but most likely nobody is forcing you to get the shot or else you would not be able to say "hell no".

On the flip side I think it is stupid of the Raiders to trade for Perryman and keep Richard who refused the vaccine but every non player in the organization and the fans have to be vaccinated.

15 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Look if you are going off the facts and science the mandate should not push you to not get it.  I do not know where you work or live but most likely nobody is forcing you to get the shot or else you would not be able to say "hell no".

On the flip side I think it is stupid of the Raiders to trade for Perryman and keep Richard who refused the vaccine but every non player in the organization and the fans have to be vaccinated.

Cali healthcare so getting tested weekly as a specific date is looming. The next two weeks are going to be interesting as will the two weeks that follow. If I was vaccinated, I'd be hiding in Thailand for a little bit to be honest.  😃 I told everyone 2021 is going to be worse than 2020. I see this as a 3 year process. Can't get Thai visas for three years though and hiding as a paradigm shift happens is not wise at all.  

I'm finding the Jags situation to be very interesting with the coach saying things openly and I actually think he's mocking the NFL and it's policy. Just following the rules/laws/orders from above but speaking it out loud.... Well he's a big enough name to retire and come back later if desired. 

As far as facts and science I always wanted to wait a year and see the 'real world evidence' yet after 8 months...I'm not impressed. I have family who said yes and still got and spread it. Know many who got naturally with varying symptoms so jabbed after and some didn't. Even have family who passed from CV so it's not like I'm not affected. I just don't need to jump off the bridge just because others do. I can look down and see them in the water and I can wait to see if the water is too cold (time) or shark infested. (side effects over time or with multiple jabs needed) The science will still be there as the facts become more clear over time.   Most scientific experiments like having a control group to see effects over time and or placebo but not this experiment. It almost seems not just 'medical' but psychological.

I'm glad Perryman passed his physical and I'm looking forward to games that count as I only watched a little of the SF game as I lose interest in the 'sport' because of the 'business.' Doesn't matter because since the business got rid of Mack, I've been slowly losing interest and I'm only 1 person so it probably doesn't matter. As long as the team is called The Raiders I will wish them well. If the name changes then the history and tradition should retire in Canton with our helmet enshrined.  😃

OR...JUST WIN BABY and all will be well. lol 

• Like 1