Patriots acquire Shaun Wade

SBLIII

I'm all for it, he's got big potential and this team needs CB depth this year and especially into the future. 

He can compete for a few snaps this season ( assuming Gilmore is back) then grow into a bigger role next season when at least one of Gilmore/Jackson are gone. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Seems like a solid acquisition. Wasn't a fan of him at OSU last year but he seemed to bounce back with the Ravens a bit this pre-season.

Last year he had a down year for sure, but going into that year I believe he was touted as a first rounder, so he certainty has some talent. Think this move makes sense for both sides given how deep the Ravens are at corner, and how we could use some depth with Gilmore's status up in the air and Jones just getting dinged up.

Side note, but I've been pleasantly surprised by Williams performance this training camp and pre-season. I thought he did a good job on Smith last week.

I'm not sure I can spin a late round draft pick being traded in the same offseason to another team as some kind of steal.

He doesn't impress me much either. Seems better off as a reclamation at Safety - perhaps Bill wants to groom him into the specialized TE eraser. 

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

When we got Judon, BAL fans; he wasn't all that anyway, Bowser is better

When we got Wade, BAL fans; he clearly wasn't going to work out, plus we have too many DBs anyway

Both good signs, I think :D 

Judon was most definitely a solid player for us and I don't think many knowledgeable Ravens fans would argue that. As far as Wade is concerned he was hardly getting on the field this preseason and was getting heavily out snapped by Westry, Stephens, Nigel Warrior and Ardarious Washington. He definitely has some talent but he had next to know chance of making the Ravens roster and they knew he wouldn't clear waivers to get on the practice squad. They got what they could for him.

16 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

I'm not sure I can spin a late round draft pick being traded in the same offseason to another team as some kind of steal.

He doesn't impress me much either. Seems better off as a reclamation at Safety - perhaps Bill wants to groom him into the specialized TE eraser. 

safety is what I see as well. I figure McCourty will retire and Phillips is a FA.

• Like 1