Bojack Horseman mafia: Mafia wins!

Malfatron

Just now, skywindO2 said:

I don't want to metagame with it too much, I don't think Gina would be a mafia role but I don't think Mr. Peanutbutter would either. I can see how the role fits the character though? 

I don't know enough about how mafia games are made to make that claim I guess

5 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Nah. I've already said that I shouldn't be saved. (Forge alluded to as much with his ability as the game moves forward. Those instances happen.)

Not only is my ability situational, and results in my death anyway, but voting me will prove that there's a scum roleblock. That's crucial information at this point in the game.

TL

I got swamped today... my thoughts:

Sanchez isnt "basically" an investigator, his role is significantly weaker. If the cop gets roleblocked he knows it, if sanchez gets roleblocked (or visits an ascetic, or commuter, or jailkeep target, etc etc) he gets a positve mafia result. 

After n1 I was able to give a confirmation of some sort on sachez move, after N2 i can say we're better off looking elsewhere. 

I laid out my D1 case for skywind... D2 skywind goes against sanchez invest and from what i saw he gave no reason. im saying I cannot confirm sanchez again, so its a little bit strange that skywind already was looking elsewhere.

bcb said he was perplexed as to why we wouldn't just follow sanchez again, and bcb is a good player. bcb should know there are a number of reasons that following sanchez is going to be much less efficient than it was after N1...

I would rather push skywind or bcb than TL. I cannot confirm san

Edited by Dome

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

What? Why?

Or, let me ask: are there Mafia abilities/classes that get stronger after a successful night kill?

Anything is possible, but I am alluding to the fact that you could not have actually protected yourself based on what you said. You put in an invalid move, basically.

Even if you didnt, constantly protecting yourself is faux pas and you need to get lynched for playing selfish. 

Of course, that would be if I actually believed you had protections, which you dont cause you are lying.  

Just now, Dome said:

I laid out my D1 case for skywind... D2 skywind goes against sanchez invest and from what i saw he gave no reason. im saying I cannot confirm sanchez again, so its a little bit strange that skywind already was looking elsewhere.

You must have me confused with someone else sir. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Anything is possible, but I am alluding to the fact that you could not have actually protected yourself based on what you said. You put in an invalid move, basically.

Even if you didnt, constantly protecting yourself is faux pas and you need to get lynched for playing selfish. 

Of course, that would be if I actually believed you had protections, which you dont cause you are lying.  

Matts

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Well, that was my rationale behind me doing that. I think it actually makes sense.

More importantly, ask yourself: assuming that you have this ability, and you're town, would you have sacrificed yourself for Pickle N1? Orca N2? What about each of those players made you think your ability wouldn't be better used later in the game?

Meh.  I disagree with TL.  He sounds genuine.  It’s too poor of a story to be deliberately devised, not smoothed on the edges or anything, and he is overcompensating in detail to show he’s being truthful—and seemingly wants us to understand why.  But, he’s also conscientious of how it makes him appear as a player going forward.

Just strikes me as the typical pompous approach of newer players that are in a tough situation and don’t know what else to do.

Just now, SwAg said:

Meh.  I disagree with TL.  He sounds genuine.  It’s too poor of a story to be deliberately devised, not smoothed on the edges or anything, and he is overcompensating in detail to show he’s being truthful—and seemingly wants us to understand why.  But, he’s also conscientious of how it makes him appear as a player going forward.

Just strikes me as the typical pompous approach of newer players that are in a tough situation and don’t know what else to do.

In fairness to myself: I know exactly what I'm doing. I'm trying to provide town with as much information as possible before I'm killed. My death is the logical vote, and I'd rather get every little detail out there to help town win than die with information not shared.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

In fairness to myself: I know exactly what I'm doing. I'm trying to provide town with as much information as possible before I'm killed. My death is the logical vote, and I'd rather get every little detail out there to help town win than die with information not shared.

God shut up