GDT !!! WEEK 1 Denver Broncos vs. NY Giants @ 4:25pm EST

Giants4eva

9 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Contrary to our predictions the offensive line has not been bad at all. This is mostly on poor defense and Jones staring down receivers, throwing into coverage, and losing that fumble earlier.

Eh? Instead of grade of an F we are going to give the offensive line a D+ and be happy about it. The offense line could not open any holes for the running game and the defense simply tired out it was not it was gassed.

I do agree DJ did have a bad game, and I was not in love with the game plan, seem like they were trying to get Slayton more involved  in the passing attack than Golladay. 

6 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

Eh? Instead of grade of an F we are going to give the offensive line a D+ and be happy about it. The offense line could not open any holes for the running game and the defense simply tired out it was not it was gassed.

I do agree DJ did have a bad game, and I was not in love with the game plan, seem like they were trying to get Slayton more involved  in the passing attack than Golladay. 

Of course they couldn't open holes for the running game. Denver stacked the box most of the time, which is the blueprint if you're playing the Giants. Stop the run and wait for DJ to make a mistake.

Slayton was our best receiver today. He delivered, especially on third down. Unfortunately it was nowhere near enough.

Edited by y*so*blu

4 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Of course they couldn't open holes for the running game. Denver stacked the box most of the time, which is the blueprint if you're playing the Giants. Stop the run and wait for DJ to make a mistake.

Slayton was our best receiver today. He delivered, especially on third down. Unfortunately it was nowhere near enough.

If they were stacking the box then that is even more reason to make Golladay a focus.

Sterling was easily our best wideout today, it is not even close. 

4th Quarter: Teddy is hit while sliding which adds 15 yards. Drive ends in another field goal, 20-7 Broncos. Now DJ also gets hit while sliding to finish a run, but no flag. Whole offensive line gets pissed at that one and stands up to defend their guy. Jones converts on 4th & 4 with a QB draw. Kenny Golladay comes away with a NICE contested catch that would've been a pick if DJ threw it at anyone else. Ronald Darby had it in his hands and Kenny just took it away from him. Giants drive dies in the red zone, however, as they fail to convert on 4th and goal.

Giants give up a big run near the end as Melvin Gordon sprints for another touchdown. Not much to say from there. Denver defense relaxes and we get a meaningless touchdown via a Daniel Jones run as time expires. 27-13 Denver, and we suffer our fifth opening day loss in a row.

49 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

If they were stacking the box then that is even more reason to make Golladay a focus.

Sterling was easily our best wideout today, it is not even close. 

I mixed up Shepard and Slayton. You're right. 😖

Tough loss to stomach, and the fans in MetLife Stadium deserved better. Plus, how does Joe Judge not know you can't challenge scoring plays? He's a second year head coach.

We'll see how the team recovers, visiting Washington on a short week.

• Like 1

Thoughts on this game after doing alot of yelling yesterday. 

1- Daniel Jones has not improved at all. I said it in my preseason thoughts about him and im saying it again. He just hasnt shown anything to me that warrants him being a franchise QB. The man will be a superb backup and not a starter. That fumble he had yesterday if u ask me took the wind out of the teams sails. It deflated everyone. He's making turnovers in the red zone now officially in the regular season. NOT GOOD. He has maybe 2-3 more games before management says ok next 1st rd pick is a QB. Im sure they are already looking at Rattler, Howell or Willis in '22. 

2- Offensive line was surprising. They looked a bit better yesterday. Jones had time on many occasions to make his reads and throw when he had to. The blown assignment by Peart against Von Miller still sticks out to me though. Peart is just not a good player, theres a very big reason Nate Solder was still kept on this roster.  And Peart is why. Major props to the line for sticking up for their QB after that late hit by Justin Simmons. First man in to go after him was Nick Gates, no surprise. He's the junkyard dog that every team needs. 

3- Defense came in fired up then fizzled out. Was not a good game by this group yesterday. I think honestly alot boiled down to that fumble that Jones had, it just deflated the whole team on both sides of the ball. Bad penalties and multiple failures to get off the field on 3rd and even 4th down was just not good. But its not an easy game when ur on the field for almost 40 minutes of the entire game. I can see these guys bouncing back with Washington up next. Nice to see Azeez got a coverage sack out of this contest. 

4- Joe Judge tossing that red challenge flag on the score was pitiful. Sorry theres no excuse for not knowing the rules for that one. Dudes been a coach in this league for a long time and that was a deff head scratcher to say the least. 

Overall -

We are possibly the 3rd best team in this division. I watched Philly and Dallas play their 1st games and let me tell u right now, we are in big time trouble against both of them. Dallas shot themselves in the foot on defense all game but they played the GOAT in Tampa and we all know how that can go. And Jalen Hurts and that young offense in Philly is flat out scary. Their oline without question is already the best in the NFL. They just dominate up front. Not gonna be a good season for us. I really am frustrated as a fan that we came up with a loss the day after 9/11 in our home field. The only thing i can saying going forward is have a short memory.. the WFT is Thursday. 

Edited by Giants4eva
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

Thoughts on this game after doing alot of yelling yesterday. 

1- Daniel Jones has not improved at all. I said it in my preseason thoughts about him and im saying it again. He just hasnt shown anything to me that warrants him being a franchise QB. The man will be a superb backup and not a starter. That fumble he had yesterday if u ask me took the wind out of the teams sails. It deflated everyone. He making turnovers in the red zone now officially in the regular season. NOT GOOD. He has maybe 2-3 more games before management says ok next 1st rd pick is a QB. Im sure they are all already looking at Rattler, Howell or Willis in '22. 

Unfortunately or in this case fortunately, I wasn't able to watch the game so until the network replays the game I've only got the highlights and stats to go off of.  That said, Daniel's issue has been turnovers at the worst possible times and it sounds like this was another game that he did it again.  Sucks because outside of that fumble, his stats didn't look bad and the highlights, it looked as though he had time in the pocket and made some decent throws throughout the game.  

One thing I noticed with the stats is that the team only rushed 20 times w/ Daniel carrying 6 of those attempts.  I've heard from some of you guys that the backs were just running into a brick wall.  Do you think the run game was abandoned because they couldn't gain yards or was it a product of the game plan?  Jason Garrett even in Dallas leaned heavy on the passing game which is why I'm asking.  Never really been a fan of his because of this.   

2- Offensive line was surprising. They looked a bit better yesterday. Jones had time on many occasions to make his reads and throw when he had to. The blown assignment by Peart against Von Miller still sticks out to me though. Peart is just not a good player, theres a very big reason Nate Solder was still kept on this roster.  And Peart is why. Major props to the line for sticking up for their QB after that late hit by Justin Simmons. First man in to go after him was Nick Gates, no surprise. He's the junkyard dog that every team needs. 

Glad to hear that my favorite offensive lineman played well at LT.  How did Hernandez look at RG?  Was Shane playing the LG?  If so, how did he look throughout the game?

3- Defense came in fired up then fizzled out. Was not a good game by this group yesterday. I think honestly alot boiled down to that fumble that Jones had, it just deflated the whole team on both sides of the ball. Bad penalties and multiple failures to get off the field on 3rd and even 4th down was just not good. But its not an easy game when ur on the field for almost 40 minutes of the entire game. I can see these guys bouncing back with Washington up next. Nice to Azeez got a coverage sack out of this contest. 

We've seen this before, sadly.  I'm still holding out some faith that they'll get this sorted out.

4- Joe Judge tossing that red challenge flag on the score was pitiful. Sorry theres no excuse for not knowing the rules for that one. Dudes been a coach in this league for a long time and that was a deff head scratcher to say the least. 

According to Judge, he threw it because he couldn't get the refs attention, but admits it was a head coach mistake.

Overall -

We are possibly the 3rd best team in this division. I watched Philly and Dallas play their 1st games and let me tell u right now, we are in big time trouble against both of them. Dallas shot themselves in the foot on defense all game but they played the GOAT in Tampa and we all know how that can go. And Jalen Hurts and that young offense in Philly is flat out scary. Their oline without question is already the best in the NFL. They just dominate up front. Not gonna be a good season for us. I really am frustrated as a fan that we came up with a loss the day after 9/11 in our home field. The only thing i can saying going forward is have a short memory.. the WFT is Thursday. 

Yeah man, I watched that Dallas game and they looked pretty good.  Looks like it's gonna be another long season.