Cuts We Might Want to Claim .

RSkinGM

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

In addition to Jermaine Eluemenor, the Dolphins also cut another former Ravens OL in C Matt Skura. He had some yips with snapping the ball last year, but I’d think he’d probably be a better backup center than Larsen.

I would think so too but Larsen had the most important characteristic for getting a job with Rivera, he played in Carolina.

The Ravens cut DB Nigel Warrior, and I’ve seen some folks disappointed by that development. As you all know, I think there’s no better organization in the league than the Ravens, so if you can get your hands on some of their fringe players — especially on defense — you should always do it. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, e16bball said:

The Ravens cut DB Nigel Warrior, and I’ve seen some folks disappointed by that development. As you all know, I think there’s no better organization in the league than the Ravens, so if you can get your hands on some of their fringe players — especially on defense — you should always do it. 

I don’t have a problem with it. The question becomes is he a better option than Darryl Roberts who it seems they are considering as one of their final roster spots?

I just read he’s a safety that the Ravens were trying to convert to corner bc like us they had a log jam at safety. Presuming he’s able to play decent at corner, I don’t have a problem signing him but, I know nothing about him or who’s better between him and Daryl Roberts.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

Chargers cut Joe Reed 
Could be the returner we've been looking for(Also I'm a UVA Homer)

From what I see he’s a kick returner, not a punt returner. I think DeAndre Carter is guy for both positions w/ Jarrett Patterson possibly being our kick off returner.

1 minute ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Add  Kyle Lauletta

Any of these guys you would rather have than Kyle Allen?

Pretty big no on that one from me. I think Allen is probably pretty comparable in quality to the two guys we have in front of him. Those guys...not so much.

• Like 2

Josh Harvey Clemons was cut by the Dolphins. I have the feeling Rivera wouldn't want to give him a chance bc he sat out last year bc of Covid & Rivera already released him earlier in the offseason but, I think he’s a better linebacker than the guys we just cut like Mayo, Norris, Jordan Kunaszyk & what Joe Walker showed for us.

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Saw that the Jets let go of TE Ryan Griffin. That’s another guy we could consider instead of Seals-Jones for that TE3 spot.

While I’m intrigued, Seals-Jones is 5 years younger and being a converted WR, he’s able to stretch the field more.

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Add  Kyle Lauletta, Clayton Thorson, KJ Costello, Jordan Ta’amu  Brett Rypien, Will Greer

Any of these guys you would rather have than Kyle Allen?

No, Allen knows the offense & has upside with a strong arm and being athletic. I have no idea if Allen will ever be anything more than a back up but he has some untapped potential & the coaches like him for that reason.

I would sign Ta’Amu, Rypien or Grier to the practice squad though. Ta’Amu was here during the rookie mini camp & Grier was obviously drafted while Rivera was in Carolina so, I’d do that but I wouldn’t dump Allen to put them on the 53-man active roster.

Edited by turtle28

Saw that the Panthers released LB Josh Bynes. He never played for Rivera there, so the dots don’t connect quite as easily, but he’s a pretty proven veteran OLB who has played a lot of football. Seems like he would be a solid guy to plug in as a reserve on this roster. 

And speaking of guys who did play for Rivera for a number of years, FB Alex Armah got cut by the Falcons. I know we don’t really use a FB...but that’s a guy who used to handle short-yardage carries for Rivera, who plays a lot of ST snaps, and who would give us a dimension we don’t currently have as a real life lead blocker. 

Granted, we don’t have a RB who can run behind a lead blocker. But...you know