Cuts We Might Want to Claim .

RSkinGM

15 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

As E said Matt Skura-C and I would like us to pick up Jordan Howard. He could easily take over short yardage and I believe even more. He probably would want to start, might not entertain coming here. 

If we’re going to sign Jordan Howard, we might as well just re-sign Barber because Barber does more things as a back up RB & is a good special teams player although Howard is a better true RB.

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH, Damm CowGirls got Will Grier 👹

Oh well, I’m not shocked. Our coaches like our 3 QBs. We can’t forget that Kyle Allen started over Will Grier in Carolina when Rivera had them both.

The Cowboys signed Grier to be on their active roster, that wasn’t going to happen in DC.

15 hours ago, e16bball said:

Saw that the Panthers released LB Josh Bynes. He never played for Rivera there, so the dots don’t connect quite as easily, but he’s a pretty proven veteran OLB who has played a lot of football. Seems like he would be a solid guy to plug in as a reserve on this roster. 

And speaking of guys who did play for Rivera for a number of years, FB Alex Armah got cut by the Falcons. I know we don’t really use a FB...but that’s a guy who used to handle short-yardage carries for Rivera, who plays a lot of ST snaps, and who would give us a dimension we don’t currently have as a real life lead blocker. 

Granted, we don’t have a RB who can run behind a lead blocker. But...you know

Give me Micah Kiser to be either our back up MLB or he may even be able to start over Bostic & Josh Bynes to be our back up SLB who also may even show enough to start at MLB and Jamin Davis can play WLB or vice versa.

On 8/31/2021 at 1:25 PM, e16bball said:

In addition to Jermaine Eluemenor, the Dolphins also cut another former Ravens OL in C Matt Skura. He had some yips with snapping the ball last year, but I’d think he’d probably be a better backup center than Larsen.

Looks like the Giants are signing Matt Skura to their PS.