Week 1 GDT: Cleveland vs. The politically incorrect team from Kansas City

MWil23

Who will win?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• The Browns
    • The Chiefs. Did you forget that it's Week 1? They're 1-20-1 in Week 1 since the return.
    • Hornby
    • Kiwi
    • Who cares? Our head coach is an absolute salt and pepper FOX.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And did @AkronsWitness just drop an upper decker in this thread and then bounce or is he just preparing his opus as to “why Colorado should technically be considered the Midwest”.

looooool I said what I said. Ohio being in the midwest is by formal title only based on some 250 year old agreement. Much like a lot of things from 250 years ago, they need to be revised. I believe Ohio and its food, culture and physical location aligns much more with the East Coast, especially given its metro areas. Again, Ohio is closer to the Atlantic Ocean than it is to Kansas and the 'heart of the midwest'

Ohio being called 'midwest' still makes as much sense as the Memphis Grizzlies being in the SouthWest division, regardless of what some formal documentation from the 1700s say.

Ohio is 'midwest' by title only, much like Lamar Jackson is a QB by title only.

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bsr9zbo2ib63d7kcvkq

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bdjr1vklzg1041p18ips

Edited by AkronsWitness

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You said Cincinnati is hill people.

You also said stay near 71 which runs directly through the city.

pick one.

Im not saying hill people are bad--they are just.....hill people in Appalachia. Just like Columbus folk are snooty business class and Cleveland is blue collar industry

Edited by AkronsWitness

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Im not saying hill people are bad--they are just.....hill people in Appalachia. Just like Columbus folk are snooty business class and Cleveland is blue collar industry

At what point does this stop becoming ironic, unintentionally hilarious, and absolutely offensive? 

What are Daytonians?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

At what point does this stop becoming ironic, unintentionally hilarious, and absolutely offensive? 

What are Daytonians?

The homies. Akrons cousins from the South who get raging drunk with eachother when they see each other once a year during the holidays

Edited by AkronsWitness

I have no idea why I care, I’m not even from here, but Cincinnati is the best city in Ohio.

*inserts linky thing to prove he’s right, as usual*

https://realestate.usnews.com/places/rankings/best-places-to-live-in-ohio

eta: shockingly Akron missed the cut.  Me being a Canton boy knew that before I opened it though.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I have no idea why I care, I’m not even from here, but Cincinnati is the best city in Ohio.

Um, they pretty much all scored the same.   I would throw Athens in the mix though, cause the hills are alive.

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

eta: shockingly Akron missed the cut.  Me being a Canton boy knew that before I opened it though.

shooot you think that I think Akron is a nice city? Nooooope. Plus I havent lived there in a loooong time--for good reason.

Side note:

Crime Rate National Rank

Canton- 19th

Cincinatti- 33rd

Akron- 82nd

Columbus- Not in top 100

feeling-dangerous-baker-mayfield.gif

Edited by AkronsWitness

10 minutes ago, MalcolmBrown said:

Um, they pretty much all scored the same.   I would throw Athens in the mix though, cause the hills are alive.

I do love me a good time down in Hocking Hills. Despite the fact that I can book a 7 day FLA vacation for cheaper than I can rent a 2 bedroom cabin for a 3 day weekend.