MNF GDT Week 1: Ravens @ Raiders

NYRaider

Who wins/  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Ravens

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Can’t let Lamar beat you throwing. Would set up a bad start to the season. Better come out and shut him out. 

This is a difficult choice but if I had to pick my poison, I would rather have him throwing it around as opposed to running all over us.  When a QB isn't contained, it leads to a TON of issues defensively.  I prefer neither, but if I had to pick my death, it would be him throwing for 300, rather than running for 100 and scoring points with his legs and dropping 200+ on our secondary.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Can’t let Lamar beat you throwing. Would set up a bad start to the season. Better come out and shut him out. 

Lamar can also beat you running the ball himself. Sammy Watkins was an underrated pick up, Brown is explosive, and Andrews is very good.

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Tbh you really have to wonder what the Ravens mind set will be for MNF. To lose those amount of players in such a short amount of time can really mess with your mindset heading into the game. Raiders gonna jump on them early.

To play devils advocate I think this also creates some challenges for Gus Bradley and the gameplan.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Lamar can also beat you running the ball himself. Sammy Watkins was an underrated pick up, Brown is explosive, and Andrews is very good.

Something that’s Also key to note is that Lamar Jackson’s makes the running backs better not the other way around

7 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

hard not to feel better about our chances now... Peters is a massive loss as well. though they do have good CB depth, Peters is a guy that always scared me

Have to go early and often to whichever one of Ruggs/Edwards isn't being covered by Humphrey. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Have to go early and often to whichever one of Ruggs/Edwards isn't being covered by Humphrey. 

well, if Ruggs is who Gruden thought he was, he should be able to get over the top of just about anybody. he was taken at #12 to be a regular gamebreaker, not just an occasional deep threat like Rico Gafford

Edited by Turnobili