MNF GDT Week 1: Ravens @ Raiders

NYRaider

Who wins/  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Ravens

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

lol pretty much. Im excited to see our new D in action monday. 
winning this game is a big task, but man would it get me fired up

I'm going to place some bets on the games, probably won't bet on our game. I have high hopes but we'll have 6 new starters on defense playing their first game in a new scheme after none of them played very much, if at all, in preseason. Hell KJ, Perryman, and McCoy just got here, lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm going to place some bets on the games, probably won't bet on our game. I have high hopes but we'll have 6 new starters on defense playing their first game in a new scheme after none of them played very much, if at all, in preseason. Hell KJ, Perryman, and McCoy just got here, lol.

I'm gonna bet the Raiders( money line), the over and Raiders+ over. 

1st game on Monday night in their new stadium has to be worth something

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

We need to be able to run the football. We sucked at it last year. It needs to come together.

My biggest worry with this team is that as the defense improves, the offense takes a major step back. 

We saw Carr's ceiling last year. He doesn't have another level. I have my doubts about the remade Oline. They are young, inexperienced and an injury away from being a complete mess. I see Carr getting more pressure and the run game being a problem behind this Oline. Factor in Carr does not have a true number 1 WR, yes he has Waller, but the rest is unknown.

Basically a lot and has to go right for this offense to be optimal in my opinion. The schedule could bury this team otherwise. The Oline has to gel and these young players have to be great early. Ruggs has to live up to his draft position and Edwards has to stay healthy.

Just now, big_palooka said:

My biggest worry with this team is that as the defense improves, the offense takes a major step back. 

We saw Carr's ceiling last year. He doesn't have another level. I have my doubts about the remade Oline. They are young, inexperienced and an injury away from being a complete mess. I see Carr getting more pressure and the run game being a problem behind this Oline. Factor in Carr does not have a true number 1 WR, yes he has Waller, but the rest is unknown.

Basically a lot and has to go right for this offense to be optimal in my opinion. The schedule could bury this team otherwise. The Oline has to gel and these young players have to be great early. Ruggs has to live up to his draft position and Edwards has to stay healthy.

I'm not really worried about the offense at all. For me, when it comes to this game we need to stop the run( in whatever form it comes). We do that we'll win this game.

On the season, It's about staying healthy on both sides of the ball and being consistent on defense.

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

So the 4 games against playoff teams, we just couldnt run the ball . . but people blame Carr for us not beating playoff teams. 

-
Falcons, we came out playing small ball, and couldnt convert on 1st and 5. Then Carr fumble. Then punted after jacobs lowering head. Then Fg, then punt. 
After Those 5 drives, it was 6-3 ATL, with us having 4 carries for 5 yards, (3 of which went for 0 yards).

Carrs fumbles were awful against ATL, but our gameplan was pathetic. Carr had 1 turnover in our first 5 possessions.
Our bad play calling put us in a bad spot, Carrs Turnovers made it ugly later on. 
-

But not debating Carr here, 14th in rushing yards, when you have built your entire team around running the ball is not good. 
Every Gruden conference he says he wants to run the ball. 
14th in yards is not good when you are built to run the ball, and have a coach who is extra conservative and starts every game trying to establish the run.
100% we shouldve been top 10 in rushing yards. 

14th in rushing and terrible on defense, Carr's fault lol 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I think the offensive line is the biggest concern, particularly if Simpson starts in place of Incognito. 

I disagree that we've seen Carr's ceiling, our two most productive WR's last season were Nelson Agholor and Hunter Renfrow. We need Ruggs/Edwards to take a leap this year but I think the addition of Drake and Moreau being back also give Carr two pieces that will really help him. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I'm not really worried about the offense at all. For me, when it comes to this game we need to stop the run( in whatever form it comes). We do that we'll win this game.

On the season, It's about staying healthy on both sides of the ball and being consistent on defense.

To each their own. If the Oline struggles, this offense will find life difficult. They are replacing 3 starters and starting a rookie RT. The Ravens and Steelers in back to back weeks are going to open eyes to the problems on the Oline.

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

To each their own. If the Oline struggles, this offense will find life difficult. They are replacing 3 starters and starting a rookie RT. The Ravens and Steelers in back to back weeks are going to open eyes to the problems on the Oline.

Wasn't the O-Line like 24th in a league last year?

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I also think that we'll be fine on the Oline. I personally think it's overblown because of the shock from the Hudson trade. I actually think we got better at the guard spots and if Leatherwood stays healthy a more consistent RT. Its really just center that im concerned about. We will face a stern test week one and two though(and really the first 6 weeks  in general) so we will really know what they're made of early in the season.