2021 Fantasy football Start/Sit thread

Sad People

PPR Leagues

1st League Need 1 RB - Mitchel (assuming he is healthy), Swift or Jones

For WR I am starting Jefferson, AJ Brown and Deebo, but didn't like the news on Cousins being out.  Will probably still start Jefferson, but debating on replacing with Waddle. 

2nd League Need 1 RB - Mitchell, Carter or Pollard

Need 1 WR - If AB is out, I am thinking Kirk, but I have Mooney as well.  Not really too concerned with this since I have Adams, Kupp and Lamb WR1, 2 and 3.  This will be for my Flex spot.  

Any advice would be appreciated.  Good luck to everyone!

3 hours ago, UnitedInOrgange said:

PPR Leagues

1st League Need 1 RB - Mitchel (assuming he is healthy), Swift or Jones

For WR I am starting Jefferson, AJ Brown and Deebo, but didn't like the news on Cousins being out.  Will probably still start Jefferson, but debating on replacing with Waddle. 

2nd League Need 1 RB - Mitchell, Carter or Pollard

Need 1 WR - If AB is out, I am thinking Kirk, but I have Mooney as well.  Not really too concerned with this since I have Adams, Kupp and Lamb WR1, 2 and 3.  This will be for my Flex spot.  

Any advice would be appreciated.  Good luck to everyone!

League 1

All 3 come with some concerns this week in regards to their potential work load. Elijah Mitchell was limited all week in practice so even if does play he may split carries with Jeff Wilson (they split 1st team reps) and Trey Lance's ability to run and steal goal line rushing TD's gives him a pretty low floor. Aaron Jones was also limited in practice all week and with Kirk Cousins not playing, plus terrible weather conditions, if they game gets out of hand early I could see the Packers just pounding the ball with AJ Dillon to keep Jones healthy for the actual NFL playoffs. Swift was a full participant this week but he has missed the last month so no one really knows what his work load will look like. The Lions did say that they plan to give him a full workload and that he has looked great at practice, he also has a very favorable matchup. I'd start either Jones or Swift but would personally go with Swift. 

Jefferson with no Cousins playing in extremely bad weather conditions would scare me a little.

League 2

I'd probably go with Mitchell despite the concerns highlighted above just because he has the most favorable matchup and you know the 49ers are going to be committed to running the ball. If you're concerned about his health and work load then I'd probably go with Pollard. It's difficult to start any RB going up against Tampa, especially a back in a terrible offense. 

I'd definitely go with Kirk if AB is out because the Cardinals/Cowboys game should be very competitive/high scoring so their passing volume should be high and Kirk has been their most targeted WR, IIRC, since Nuk got hurt.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

League 1

All 3 come with some concerns this week in regards to their potential work load. Elijah Mitchell was limited all week in practice so even if does play he may split carries with Jeff Wilson (they split 1st team reps) and Trey Lance's ability to run and steal goal line rushing TD's gives him a pretty low floor. Aaron Jones was also limited in practice all week and with Kirk Cousins not playing, plus terrible weather conditions, if they game gets out of hand early I could see the Packers just pounding the ball with AJ Dillon to keep Jones healthy for the actual NFL playoffs. Swift was a full participant this week but he has missed the last month so no one really knows what his work load will look like. The Lions did say that they plan to give him a full workload and that he has looked great at practice, he also has a very favorable matchup. I'd start either Jones or Swift but would personally go with Swift. 

Jefferson with no Cousins playing in extremely bad weather conditions would scare me a little.

League 2

I'd probably go with Mitchell despite the concerns highlighted above just because he has the most favorable matchup and you know the 49ers are going to be committed to running the ball. If you're concerned about his health and work load then I'd probably go with Pollard. It's difficult to start any RB going up against Tampa, especially a back in a terrible offense. 

I'd definitely go with Kirk if AB is out because the Cardinals/Cowboys game should be very competitive/high scoring so their passing volume should be high and Kirk has been their most targeted WR, IIRC, since Nuk got hurt.

Sorry I meant Ronald Jones, not Aaron Jones.  Thanks for taking the time to write this post.  Good information.  

48 minutes ago, UnitedInOrgange said:

Sorry I meant Ronald Jones, not Aaron Jones.  Thanks for taking the time to write this post.  Good information.  

I'd definitely roll with RoJo. The Buccaneers will likely be without most of their top receiving options and the Jets run defense is absolutely terrible. Guaranteed volume in the best possible matchup is a smash start all the way. Good luck tomorrow my guy.

6 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

TE is Mark Andrews, my other RBs are Nick Chubb and Ronald Jones

Singletary has become a 3 down workhorse back for the Bills and has seen consistent volume over the past month. The only concern I'd have is that the Bills will likely blow the Falcons out so that could mean more touches for him later in the game or it could mean Moss and Bredia get some burn. He'll definitely get a guaranteed 15 touches though. 

Kittle definitely has a higher upside as we've seen him explode for huge games recently but last week also showed that with subpar QB play he also has a pretty low floor because they're committed to running the ball and Deebo is the focal point of the offense. With him I could see Lance leaning on him for easy throws over the middle of the field or I could see Lance having another stinker passing game and Kittle not doing much. Especially with the way the Texans defense goes after turnovers. 

If you need a safe floor I'd go Singletary but if you think you may lose and want to chase upside I'd go Kittle.

Edited by NYRaider

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Singletary has become a 3 down workhorse back for the Bills and has seen consistent volume over the past month. The only concern I'd have is that the Bills will likely blow the Falcons out so that could mean more touches for him later in the game or it could mean Moss and Bredia get some burn. He'll definitely get a guaranteed 15 touches though. 

Kittle definitely has a higher upside as we've seen him explode for huge games recently but last week also showed that with subpar QB play he also has a pretty low floor because they're committed to running the ball and Deebo is the focal point of the offense. With him I could see Lance leaning on him for easy throws over the middle of the field or I could see Lance having another stinker passing game and Kittle not doing much. Especially with the way the Texans defense goes after turnovers. 

If you need a safe floor I'd go Singletary but if you think you may lose and want to chase upside I'd go Kittle.

This kind of lines up with what i was thinking too. Thanks a bunch for your insight 

• Like 1