2022 NFL Draft Prospects

TitanSS

14 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I’d be a bit disappointed, but not stunned, and honestly, it wouldn’t even be the most disappointed or frustrated I’ve been with a Titans first in the last three years. I’d rather have a QB than an ILB. 

Would mostly just leave me wishing we’d been more active in adding talent this offseason. Just not sure the additions we’ve made can justify spending a first on a non-contributor, especially when we’re without a second.

Though I will say, if Ryan Tannehill goes 30-13 with two division titles and an AFCCG appearance in his first three seasons here and the two biggest investments we make on his side of the ball in that stretch are Isaiah Wilson and a backup QB while losing Arthur Smith, Conklin, Saffold, CD, Humphries and Jonnu, you’re going to have to work really hard in order to get me to blame him for our offensive regression.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KingTitan said:

"Mahomes will be a work in progress, but he's a high ceiling, low floor prospect. NFL Comp: Jay Cutler."
That was NFL.com's draft profile on him. 

Watson ( who I'm not a real believer or fan of on the football field and now off) was compared to Marcus Mariota.
While far from absolute, I just throw those out to help illustrate how important it is to go to the right fit. Mahomes in Jacksonville might have ended up being just Jameis Winston (Lot of yards but also a lot of INTs).

If, BIGGGG IF, we did draft the next Kirk Cousins or a younger version of Tannehill, give them a better supporting staff than those players had when younger, more stable environment and hopefully good coaching, can they be the guy we need?

By all accounts, someone like Ridder or Corral are hard workers, smart guys and love the game. They should put in the work to be good at what they do. Could that not increase the chances of them being good in the NFL?

I don't know. Trying to think like the Titans. 
I personally want Zion Johnson or Burks in the 1st, nothing else. lol

Just because analysts on NFL.com thought they were average doesn't mean the Chiefs/Texans did. They most likely saw them as special players hence why they traded up. The Titans would need to talk themselves into believing what the Chiefs did. 

I don't believe you can develop Cousins level players into Rogers. Mahomes would still be a special player in Jacksonville, just without all the wins. Watson was special for a disfunctional franchise.

You can't take a Mariota level talent and develop franchise players by surrounding them with the right pieces. That's just how you get wins out of the Tannehill's and Cousin's of the world.

I just don't see it with any of these guys. Maybe the Titans do or maybe they talk themselves into athleticism, but Tannehill is probably already as athletically gifted as any starting QB outside of Jackson. I just don't see any of this as anymore than checking off boxes to make sure we don't miss anything.

Edited by TitanSS

5 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I'm ready for the outrage when we take a QB with Burks and a top OL on the board. 

I don't think it's a good call, but I think a lot of people would be very excited. 

Personally, I would probably be upset, but cautiously optimistic and try to talk myself into hoping they can be a franchise guy.

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Just because analysts on NFL.com thought they were average doesn't mean the Chiefs/Texans did. They most likely saw them as special players hence why they traded up. The Titans would need to talk themselves into believing what the Chiefs did. 

I don't believe you can develop Cousins level players into Rogers. Mahomes would still be a special player in Jacksonville, just without all the wins. Watson was special for a disfunctional franchise.

You can't take a Mariota level talent and develop franchise players by surrounding them with the right pieces. That's just how you get wins out of the Tannehill's and Cousin's of the world.

I just don't see it with any of these guys. Maybe the Titans do or maybe they talk themselves into athleticism, but Tannehill is probably already as athletically gifted as any starting QB outside of Jackson. I just don't see any of this as anymore than checking off boxes to make sure we don't miss anything.

Well, not so much taking a Cousins level player and making them great.
But taking a subpar player and making them a better version of Cousins.

None of these guys scream elite, but maybe one or two could be a Derek Carr to a team. 
Be a good piece to a team that needs steady QB play.

Dunno.
Just talking myself into optimism if we take one. 

Just now, KingTitan said:

Well, not so much taking a Cousins level player and making them great.
But taking a subpar player and making them a better version of Cousins.

None of these guys scream elite, but maybe one or two could be a Derek Carr to a team. 
Be a good piece to a team that needs steady QB play.

Dunno.
Just talking myself into optimism if we take one. 

I think I would have to talk myself into believing they can be better than that, and I'm sure I'd try to. If we have a great team around that kind of player on a rookie contract, maybe we can go the distance, but as soon as they get paid we're back in the same position we are now. Maybe worse.

People hate on Tannehill's contract but he's only like the 14th highest paid QB by APY. 

9 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I think I would have to talk myself into believing they can be better than that, and I'm sure I'd try to. If we have a great team around that kind of player on a rookie contract, maybe we can go the distance, but as soon as they get paid we're back in the same position we are now. Maybe worse.

People hate on Tannehill's contract but he's only like the 14th highest paid QB by APY. 

I think the perception is that his contract is keeping us from going to get other players.
Also they don't feel like he is the 14th best QB.

I'm convinced that our first pick will be a WR pending a trade back.
The group you get in the first 2 rounds vs the ones likely to be there in the 3rd is a big drop off.

Take the best WR on the board in the 1st and you can get all the other positions later. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

I'm convinced that our first pick will be a WR pending a trade back.
The group you get in the first 2 rounds vs the ones likely to be there in the 3rd is a big drop off.

Take the best WR on the board in the 1st and you can get all the other positions later. 

If one of the top five is there, I think they have to be the pick. As much as I love the Bobby Trees trade, and I love the Bobby Trees trade, the lesson from last year has to be learned. You can’t go into next year being completely and totally reliant on the veteran receiver coming off of an injury to give you 70+% snaps in 15+ games. If you get that, great, then you have a ton of talent to work with. But you can’t bank on it only to risk getting burned by it again.

37 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think the perception is that his contract is keeping us from going to get other players.
Also they don't feel like he is the 14th best QB.

I think you are correct, definitely a real portion of the fan base that believes both of those statements. I also think both of those things are silly.

The Rams just signed Bobby Wagner. Ryan Tannehill’s contract isn’t preventing anything really.

Honestly, I wouldn't be against double dipping at WR in the draft. Draft one in the first and then go TE with the 3rd and WR again with one of the 4th rounders. Load up on as many weapons as possible. The front office probably thinks higher of guys like Dez and Racey than we do and hopefully those guys can make a big jump in year 2, but I wouldn't count on it. I want us to do everything that we can possibly do to not be trotting practice squad WRs out there in the middle of the season because of an injury to one of our top guys.

This could very well sound idiotic, as well as overly obvious

We just desperately need a new dimension on offense. Whether it's running with Henry or the way our WRs play...we're power/physical football all the time. Just beat defenses to a pulp on our best day, wear teams down. It's our mojo, identity and it works. I'm about it.

But we need that consistent third contributor somewhere...someone with speeeeeed. I know these guys don't grow on trees, but I am just so convinced that once we can consistently bring in another big play threat...oh baby.

OL is our identity-pick. I couldn't criticize that pick. A team w/ a good OL can always be competitive. Period. It's what I told myself the second we picked Wilson and, regardless of how he panned out, I would look at drafting an OL again the same way this year.

But give me a WR or TE.

8 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I think you are correct, definitely a real portion of the fan base that believes both of those statements. I also think both of those things are silly.

The Rams just signed Bobby Wagner. Ryan Tannehill’s contract isn’t preventing anything really.

Yes it is learn how the salary cap works, yes the rams manipulate the salary cap google how much the owner is worth VS the titans ownership, restructuring is a game played by owners with fat pockets that’s why we don’t do a ton of restructuring we may do minimal to get under the cap or to acquire someone via trade

36 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Yes it is learn how the salary cap works, yes the rams manipulate the salary cap google how much the owner is worth VS the titans ownership, restructuring is a game played by owners with fat pockets that’s why we don’t do a ton of restructuring we may do minimal to get under the cap or to acquire someone via trade

If you believe that our owner’s net worth is causing us to not spend money, then it’s not Ryan Tannehill’s contract that is limiting us, it’s the woman with the $3 billion asset that won’t match spending.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

If you believe that our owner’s net worth is causing us to not spend money, then it’s not Ryan Tannehill’s contract that is limiting us, it’s the woman with the $3 billion asset that won’t match spending.

Once again your net worth has nothing to do with what you have actually in the bank it’s also a list of assets attached to your financial portfolio. Keep in mind this also our owner last I check doesn’t 100% own the team I believe she has 100% control of football operations but the money is divided amongst Amy & her siblings. This how you know it’s the owner pockets & it’s not Ryan contract, name a owner with deep pockets that do whatever it takes to lower the cap when their team is in SB contention. Like I said the cap is real but it’s a joke to owners that can write a check in a second doing a bunch of restructures. Look ar our history we never been a team that’ll do a bunch of restructures see Floyd Reese. Hell we let the most dominant defensive tackle in the league walk because of salary cap concerns. We lock the face of our franchise out the building vs figuring out a way to keep him & lower his cap draft VY & groom him.