2022 NFL Draft Prospects

TitanSS

9 hours ago, TitanSS said:

We've taken big swings on potential in the first round two years in a row and got 1 start out of it so far. Hopefully Farley ends up being worth it, but I could easily see it going the other way because of injuries.

I'd rather just draft a good player without a ton of red flags.

lol. yeah everyone would rather draft a good player without a ton of red flags. not exactly how the draft works though.

we've actually taken a big swing on potential in the first round 3 years in a row, and as a result we have one of the best young DTs in football. you have to take big swings in the draft. sometimes it's isaiah wilson. other times it's the difference between kevin dyson and randy moss.

8 hours ago, TitanSS said:

He can do that against high school players, sure. I don't have a lot of faith in him coming into the NFL and just being better than everyone athletically like he is in college.

Darius Heyward-Bey 2.0

He was a late bloomer you have guys that don’t figure it out in high school till they get to college. The kid can play & he’s far from stiff you can’t find a scouting report that says he’s stiff, or can’t move. The offense he plays in it’s very similar to what we do, I can see him as a #2 / 3 WR

6 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I’m going to continue to hold out hope that one of the top 5 WRs lasts.

Though I’ve really been trying to mentally prepare for a QB.

I don’t see a QB, because your simply calling it quits for this season if you do. Every playoff contender has gotten better, except us tannehill needs weapons in order for him to succeed 

3 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

I don’t see a QB, because your simply calling it quits for this season if you do. Every playoff contender has gotten better, except us tannehill needs weapons in order for him to succeed 

The drafting of a QB would signal the future plan at the position. You then fill the talent around Tannehill with the 3rd and 4th rounders. Robert Woods also is part of that (no I'm not saying this is what they should do or consider him enough). Fact is Julio missed way too much time to consider Bobby Trees a downgrade. I hope in their mind it's not enough. Ideally we trade back a few picks and pick up a 2nd to fill more holes. I'm pretty Ridder or Corral could be there with the trade back or Carson Strong with one of the mid rounds. My most likely scenario in my mind is they stay put and draft a tackle to take over for Lewan next year. 

11 hours ago, -Hope- said:

lol. yeah everyone would rather draft a good player without a ton of red flags. not exactly how the draft works though.

we've actually taken a big swing on potential in the first round 3 years in a row, and as a result we have one of the best young DTs in football. you have to take big swings in the draft. sometimes it's isaiah wilson. other times it's the difference between kevin dyson and randy moss.

The big swing on Simmons was off the field. He was a top 5-10 talented player.

I don't think you can equate them.

Wilson was a third rounder if he managed to stay out of trouble and had any semblance of a work ethic.

Farley was considered by some to be this top talent, but it was based off one year and athletic potential. He hadn't played in forever and was always injured. He also displayed major concerns being physical as a tackler. Still, this sort of risk I can at least understand as opposed to Wilson which was a head-scratcher to everyone.

Jeffrey Simmons was a monster that really only fell because that video was so bad.

Avoid the "reach" swings.

Edited by TitanSS

3 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

He was a late bloomer you have guys that don’t figure it out in high school till they get to college. The kid can play & he’s far from stiff you can’t find a scouting report that says he’s stiff, or can’t move. The offense he plays in it’s very similar to what we do, I can see him as a #2 / 3 WR

I could see a world where he is an NFL starter. I just see the most likely world as the one where the 10th-15th best WR shoots up the board after the combine probably isn't the best pick to invest in.

27 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Desmond Ridder is the only QB worth a first round pick, unless you have a plan for Malik Willis in a non-traditional NFL offense.

I don't think either of them actually fall to us with the way teams value QB.

I've talked myself in and our of a QB. 
In this NFL, if you don't believe a guy can be the guy then you shouldn't draft in hopes of making him a guy. 
So many of these QBs need development that just isn't afforded in the league anymore. 

Anything but an OT in the first I guess will be ok with me. 
Double down and strengthen the defense.
Add more secondary help.
Draft a QB of the future.
Take a WR

I really don't know tho. 
I'm trying to find good in so many players so I can be supportive.  

One I can't find support for is Smith from Tulsa. Even Penning.  He looks like a walking penalty. 

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Wilson was a third rounder if he managed to stay out of trouble and had any semblance of a work ethic.

Farley was considered by some to be this top talent, but it was based off one year and athletic potential. He hadn't played in forever and was always injured. He also displayed major concerns being physical as a tackler. Still, this sort of risk I can at least understand as opposed to Wilson which was a head-scratcher to everyone.

Jeffrey Simmons was a monster that really only fell because that video was so bad.

jeffery simmons had 5 sacks throughout his entire college career. he was supremely talented but his ability to be a consistently good pass rusher was all potential. what he bloomed into this year was not a given at all. 

caleb farley is basically the same situation as simmons- an exceptionally talented player who played well in college but hasn't come close to meeting his full potential, and fell much further than he should have due to injury issues. 

2 hours ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

The drafting of a QB would signal the future plan at the position. You then fill the talent around Tannehill with the 3rd and 4th rounders. Robert Woods also is part of that (no I'm not saying this is what they should do or consider him enough). Fact is Julio missed way too much time to consider Bobby Trees a downgrade. I hope in their mind it's not enough. Ideally we trade back a few picks and pick up a 2nd to fill more holes. I'm pretty Ridder or Corral could be there with the trade back or Carson Strong with one of the mid rounds. My most likely scenario in my mind is they stay put and draft a tackle to take over for Lewan next year. 

You’re basically saying what I’m saying but your kinda not getting it. Drafting a QB screams this season is a waste & we’re planning for the future not to win now. Yes I understand the Julio injury situation which is why you don’t want to put too much on a 30 yr old WR coming off an ACL. RT is only as good as his supporting cast he needs weapons.. we go QB it’s basically his last yr & you’re telling him that 

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

Simmons fell more so due to an ACL tear he pretty much was a top 5-10 pick that incident happen when he was in high school he pretty much fixed his image in college for him to be considered to be going as high. But Farley is dead on 

No draft expert by any means 

With the Titans you never rule anything out 

But I think the 2 positions the Titans are targeting are O-Line and WR in the first round 

I refuse to believe NWI Fitzpatrick or Kinsey will be the number 3 to start the year 

I hope there are runs on QBs in the draft so hopefully one of the good WRs fall to us 

I really think the Titans are only doing their checks on QB’s incase someone they like falls to the 3rd round or they trade out of the 1st round and someone is there in the 2nd they like but only if they miss out on someone else they wanted 

If the Titans don’t get a WR they like, someone like Cole Beasley is still available if needed 

2 hours ago, -Hope- said:

jeffery simmons had 5 sacks throughout his entire college career. he was supremely talented but his ability to be a consistently good pass rusher was all potential. what he bloomed into this year was not a given at all. 

caleb farley is basically the same situation as simmons- an exceptionally talented player who played well in college but hasn't come close to meeting his full potential, and fell much further than he should have due to injury issues. 

Judging an interior defensive lineman based on sack production is like judging a CB on INT production though. I don't think anyone would have argued that he wasn't a productive college player or he wasn't a high end player and that he was only highly rated because of athletic potential.

I don't hate the Farley pick because there's at least some consensus that he was a high end player and that we were getting some value with him with where we were picking, but considering what we had just done the year before, taking another boom or bust guy doesn't feel good.

So, I'm not saying avoid risk and make the safest pick possible. I'm saying don't reach based on need or "potential". 

Edited by TitanSS