•• 2022 Draft Prospects ••

WizardHawk

6 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

That’s fair. 

Again, I really like all three of those players and would be thrilled with any of them. Any other WR in the first, I’m lukewarm at best, unless I’m missing something.

I just find the whole “Cowboys fans are so spoiled thinking you need Pro Bowlers at every OL spot” thing kind of tiresome. Tyron and Martin are over 30. Frederick and Collins are gone. The idea that this team couldn’t use a stud, plug-and-play LG in his early 20’s is mistaken- if anything, I think we’re past due to make that specific position more of a priority.

Kiper released his updated big board today. Surprisingly, it was very chalky. He usually has some interesting nuggets that show where the media is behind scouting departments.

The most interesting:

-Jahan Dotson over Treylon Burks   
-Jelani Woods as TE3   
-Jalen Wydermeyer as TE5   
-Bernhard Raimann as OT8

2 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Again, I really like all three of those players and would be thrilled with any of them. Any other WR in the first, I’m lukewarm at best, unless I’m missing something.

I just find the whole “Cowboys fans are so spoiled thinking you need Pro Bowlers at every OL spot” thing kind of tiresome. Tyron and Martin are over 30. Frederick and Collins are gone. The idea that this team couldn’t use a stud, plug-and-play LG in his early 20’s is mistaken- if anything, I think we’re past due to make that specific position more of a priority.

I agree.

19 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’m intrigued.

I’m getting more and more comfortable with the day 2 IOL in this class. Parham, Strange, and Ingram are all really solid prospects. It’s making me lean a bit towards WR in round 1.

Speaking of:

Sean Rhyan 😍

Can someone explain why this guy isn’t talked about more? Easy starter at LG from day 1, to my eyes. An enforcer with great strength, so much experience and refinement, plenty athletic. Honestly think he could probably even hold up as a tackle in the NFL. Definitely on my draft crush list for #56.

• Like 1

I'd love nothing more than Treylon Burks in Rd1 but... that OL talent drop off in round 2 is significant.

Also he reminds me of Dez a lot and his playstyle really didn't match up that well with Dak.

Some things to think about but I'd welcome Burks to Dallas anyday.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

4 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I'd love nothing more than Treylon Burks in Rd1 but... that OL talent drop off in round 2 is significant.

Also he reminds me of Dez a lot and his playstyle really didn't match up that well with Dak.

Some things to think about but I'd welcome Burks to Dallas anyday.

You think the drop off is bigger for OG than WR?

I thought so at first, but have changed my opinion on that, the more I watched.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Speaking of TEs….yikes. Totally undraftable. I don’t know how you justify it any other way.

How can he not be trained to run a sub-5.0? And if he can’t, how does he not refuse to workout, like Nakobe Dean?

It’s perhaps the most mismanaged pre-draft processes I can remember.

10 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

He was already a questionable fit for us at TE. Now, disappointing athletic testing and not much room to grow.

I think you are looking at a 5th or 6th rounder. Probably not at Dallas.

I’d love to have this guy on my team. Great lead blocker and is crazy athletic these numbers can’t be real. He is a smooth athlete and runs away from DBs. Hell throw him at FB.

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

News or Noise @WizardHawk? Re: the fall of the greatest C prospect. 

I figured he was gonna fall. The only injury I’ve heard of is the sprained arch which prevented him from doing any tests at combine and pro day. There was a tidbit posted he was a full participant in some random (maybe private) workout late last week iirc.

Not testing at all for the two big days and the T-Rex arms I figured were gonna be an issue in the long run.

Edited by WizardHawk

so, how much does loosing Neal effect our draft board.  are we now relying on Cox to not only start but be effective in 2022...  or for  Kearse to take Neal's spot.  With Hooker and Wilson to be the starters.  I just am not sure that LVE has turned it around good enough..  but having Parsons, LVE and Cox be our main LB core scares me a lot. 

thus if Dean drops I would draft him...  otherwise...

RD 1 OL...   Penning Zion Linderbaum.

Rd 2 WR  Pickens, Dotson, Watson or Moore...