Ravens sign Mark Andrews for 4 years/56 million

TheRealMcCoy

20 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

They got it done on Mark’s birthday. That’s kinda cool.

Now, I guess this kind of sets the market for Goedert. He’ll make in that ballpark too if he stays healthy.

Can anyone explain to me what Goedert has ever done to deserve the kind of money Andrews just secured?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Can anyone explain to me what Goedert has ever done to deserve the kind of money Andrews just secured?

If Goedert had Andrews opportunity since his rookie year he would have more production and still be a better blocker. He’s a top 5-6 TE just need to get him more targets. 

PFF had him at 5th in their rankings just ahead of Andrews at 6th and just behind Pitts at 4th.

You change that grade to 80.0 or higher for receiving and blocking and you can throw Kittle out of there cause it’s only Goedert.

You also do realize also that Andrews got 14 million per which is 3rd behind Kittle and Kelce. Smith and Henry who the Patriots signed got 12 million per earlier this offseason lol. Goedert is easily getting just above them and probably just behind Andrews whether it’s from Philly or someone else.

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

If Goedert had Andrews opportunity since his rookie year he would have more production and still be a better blocker. He’s a top 5-6 TE just need to get him more targets. 

PFF had him at 5th in their rankings just ahead of Andrews at 6th and just behind Pitts at 4th.

You change that grade to 80.0 or higher for receiving and blocking and you can throw Kittle out of there cause it’s only Goedert.

You also do realize also that Andrews got 14 million per which is 3rd behind Kittle and Kelce. Smith and Henry who the Patriots signed got 12 million per earlier this offseason lol. Goedert is easily getting just above them and probably just behind Andrews whether it’s from Philly or someone else.

Great that he’s a superb blocker. But the point is Andrews nearly eclipsed Goederts career receiving TD total in 2019 alone.

Its also interesting to see you quote a PFF list where Andrews is ranked behind a rookie who has yet to play an NFL down (even if I like Pitts that’s ridiculous).

All that said, even when using the PFF rating tool over the last few years I’m seeing their overall player grades for Andrews/Goedert to look like the below:
2018- 75.7/74.0
2019- 90.8/83.2
2020- 81.8/79.6

So overall I’m not understanding how Goedert somehow just needed more opportunity. Both have been in deep TE rooms. Ertz/Goedert and Andrews/Hurst/Boyle. What’s more looking at opportunities/targets throughout their career you’ve got Goedert at 4.67 targets/game and Andrews at 5.2 targets/game. If we consider the measly 0.6 additional targets provided to Goedert, he’s in no way, shape, or form out producing Andrews. Let’s be real.

Now will he sign for more than Andrews, maybe. Is he a top 10 caliber TE, I’ll say that. But the other poster is correct in that he hasn’t shown what Andrews has to this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iloxygenil said:

Agreed. Maybe I just don’t get to see him enough, but he doesn’t seem to be on the same level 

He's by far (outside of Lamar) our most productive offensive player. He's maybe not Kelce/Kittle level, but it's not a tremendous gap. 3rd highest paid seems about right.

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

My guy...he's a backup! lmao

But hey, by all means pay a backup TE Mark Andrews money for his 500 yards + 4 TD's/year.

Just now, iloxygenil said:

Cool, again. Maybe I haven’t see enough of him, but when I’ve seen Baltimore he never stands out to me. But clearly he’s put up some numbers. Maybe I’m too distracted by what Lamar is doing. 

Yeah if you key in next time there are stretches of games where (sometimes as a detriment) he's literally the only one getting thrown the ball haha

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah that back up was ranked higher than your starter. 

Where? I posted the ratings from PFF the last three years, to which you didn’t respond. By their own metrics he’s rated lower. Whether they’re projecting him to leapfrog Andrews this season is irrelevant to who has been better.

Andrews ranks higher in their rating system and has double the career AV.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1