2021 Season General Thread

Trentwannabe

12 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Thats assuming there is no upsets and i feel there will be an upset at some point. 

Yea and I dont see Pitt upsetting KC. Bengals/Raiders may upset Tenn which means AFCCG goes through Buffalo. Im just not 100% sold on how we have been playing. Offense needs to tighten up to be able to reach it to the next round. 

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Let him pass through waivers and once he is a free agent pick up him up to the psqaud. It makes sense to come back as he can benefit from the bills and try to get back to where he left off before hitting free agency. He can also be the depth spot to fill for hughes addison come this offseason. If we play Tenn in AFCCG he would be a nice gameday add to help stop Henry. 

5 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Ugh so nothing official on this. Would like him in case something happens as a back up option even though we are deep at the position it is still nice to get a guy in there who can help against the run.

I see no harm in signing him but not sure hed get much PT in our rotation

15 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I see no harm in signing him but not sure hed get much PT in our rotation

He wont get much playing time right now but he may next year. I think adding him to the psqaud and helping out in anyway possible during playoffs is a good thing. If they are going against tenn in AFCCG I think they would need to rethink the defense and add him to the lineup that game to help out against the run since he was fairly good at doing that. Next year is where having him would be good as both addison and hughes will be gone, it will be one less depth move to make and he would be completely caught up to any new changes to the playbook that he missed the last 2 seasons. 

3 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

He wont get much playing time right now but he may next year. I think adding him to the psqaud and helping out in anyway possible during playoffs is a good thing. If they are going against tenn in AFCCG I think they would need to rethink the defense and add him to the lineup that game to help out against the run since he was fairly good at doing that. Next year is where having him would be good as both addison and hughes will be gone, it will be one less depth move to make and he would be completely caught up to any new changes to the playbook that he missed the last 2 seasons. 

You think he would get signed beyond this playoff push?

Hes been traded by the 2 worst run franchises in the league over the last 2 years than released by the Jets. Hard pass on Lawson being a long term piece. I'd hate to see him taking reps from Boogie, Obada and Rousseau

I like Mario Addison in the vet role personally 

55 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

You think he would get signed beyond this playoff push?

Hes been traded by the 2 worst run franchises in the league over the last 2 years than released by the Jets. Hard pass on Lawson being a long term piece. I'd hate to see him taking reps from Boogie, Obada and Rousseau

I like Mario Addison in the vet role personally 

Yes he could as the bills were looking to extend him however his asking price was far to high and the dolphins paid him. I dont care that other teams paid as they didnt know how to properly use him, as he sucked in a 3-4 defense with Rex as HC and it proved it when he went to miami and had to play in a 3-4 defense. Houston traded simply to get rid of a bigger contract and jets just cut him because the cost of keeping him was to high and they already paid a couple of high end defensive players who were on IR for this year. He started to progress in to a solid defensive end under McDermott and that to me is what matters as he would be going back to the system he was playing well in. He wasnt going to be a double digit sack guy but he was good against the run something that the young guys havent been able to do. Addison is going to be 35 and he is a free agent, paying him to come back doesnt make much sense at this point. Going younger at the position is always beneficial as power and speed tend to drop off as you get older. Addison has accumulated 45% of defensive snaps this year, Hughes has accumulated 52% of snaps this year, with Rousseau at 49% and Epenesa at 31%. Basham and Obada have been healthy scratches most of the season with 18% and 22% of snaps. Obada is a free agent, along with Hughes, and Addison. Bills will need to fill in some spaces and expect Rousseau, Epenesa to step up in the hughes and addison role, with Basham stepping in to the 3rd DE rotation, bills will still need to fill in 3 more DE spots, so adding Shaq will not take away anything as the bills have been using a 4 man rotation each game, but overall had 6 DE on the roster. So yes if they can get him on the cheap and back on the roster I do not see why not as they need to fill the roster and his stock is at an all time low. A 1-2 year deal with lower price tag could be beneficial as they can focus on other positions such as 1 Tech Dt and IOL.

On 1/12/2022 at 12:25 PM, soflbillsfan said:

Ugh so nothing official on this. Would like him in case something happens as a back up option even though we are deep at the position it is still nice to get a guy in there who can help against the run.

Well someone reported it as official.  But then later someone reported that he has not signed a contract yet.

Id love to have Shaq back. One of our better rush defenders. Him and Rousseau setting the edge would make things very hard on RB trying to get outside.