Week 8 GDT: MNF - Broncos @ Chiefs

Joe_is_the_best

Well we somehow held KC there.  We need another score now.

We should be by all rights down 21-0.   Gotta take advantage.

And yes, taking JC has proved to be a brutal choice - not because he's been bad, but he's really added little in terms of difference-making.   We don't want to give him more than 8-10 touches, so all that does is get CJ out of rhythm and honestly I don't think Booker brings anything less in the pass game.   JC's not trash, but we could have DEFINITELY spent that $ and used it on another ILB (Gerald Hodges, etc.), or decided to keep more OL depth (Schofield isn't great, but he's also way better than having our backups behind Watson starting).  Still, what's done is done.  Sigh.

Having DT match up on our left side and abuse the CB is our best shot, along with the TE's.  We need better play calling at the 10, though.  That was wholly uninspired. 

Can't believe we gave up only a FG.   Andy Reid saved us with playcalling with that option run when straight up the gut would have killed us.  Simmons made a helluva play to stop Hunt, but we got so lucky.

We should really be down 4 TD's, so I can't say we're really in this until we are within 1 score.  KC has thoroughly outplayed us.  We can't have guys like V-Green drop crucial first downs.   Siemian looks totally shot confidence-wise.   I don't know how we come back if we don't score on this drive (so we can restore confidence on O and give the D a much needed break).

Archived