Week 8: Dallas Cowboys @ Washington Redskins

Ghostnote

8 minutes ago, Woz said:

Problem with that is that it requires Allen to hurt himself intentionally. He's a horrible GM, but he's clever like a snake at staying around.

That’s why McCloughan was great, people whined when we were trading down but he was playing the Long game.  We’ve never had so many draft picks.

4 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

If it means the "Director of Pants and Picnics" is also gone, I'll bust out my wife's college cheerleader uniform and cheer for it

1. No chance it happens this season. The blame will be placed on Cousins.
  2. MENTAL BLEACH, AISLE 4!

30 minutes ago, Woz said:

Maybe so, but we're so far from 100% that we've got little to no hope for the rest of the season.

Little or no hope or not, fans are acting like we pooped the bed out there and I feel it was far from it. I believe this team will continue to be competitive all year. Another week, hopefully we get some people back and we can be competitive in Seattle.

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

Little or no hope or not, fans are acting like we pooped the bed out there and I feel it was far from it. I believe this team will continue to be competitive all year. Another week, hopefully we get some people back and we can be competitive in Seattle.

We were competive. Yes injury’s happen to us more so to our premier talent then any other team. But we have to be better. Injuries are a part of this game and I do think our offense is under preforming even with the injuries to the OL. My problem with this team is yes they get healthy they win some games with the chips down. But why can’t they carry that hunger when they want to show that when the chips aren’t down?

34 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That’s why McCloughan was great, people whined when we were trading down but he was playing the Long game.  We’ve never had so many draft picks.

We were building long AND getting better. It was great.

I don't care how many injuries we had. I really don't.

Am I being uncharitable with that position? I don't care.

You know what the REAL problem is with this team? 

Us. The Fans.

We continue to accept the mediocrity of the team year after year and don't make Danny pay for it. 

We have to be the most forgiving fans in the league because each year we have a ready-made pile of excuses as to why the team underperformed.

We even have our hooks all ready to go so we can then, later, let the players off of them.

And nothing changes because Danny doesn't care as long as he's not having to worry about his P&L statement.

Other teams have injuries and overcame them. Other teams have let old players go in the offseason and new players come in and have done well. We don't seem to be that team. And then us, as fans, dutifully trot out the excuses as to why this time we shouldn't bash the players, coaches, owner, etc...

I'm burnt out with this team. I really am.

So no excuses are acceptable to me. We pay our players and coaches to perform. So they need to:

https://twitter.com/child_ginger/status/924786079823167489

21 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

We turned the ball over three times and had a blocked field goal. Failed in the red zone again and ran the ball 12 times. We didn't just poop the bed, we crapped the whole house. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

We turned the ball over three times and had a blocked field goal. Failed in the red zone again and ran the ball 12 times. We didn't just poop the bed, we crapped the whole house. 

With all this manure on the field, you'd think there was a pony in there somewhere. Sadly, there's not.

When Scot was hired we were supposed to get our rebuild. Instead we kept the coach and we kept Bruce. If this team would've just fired Jay and Bruce, hired a competent head coach and D.C., let Scot do his thing and paid Kirk earlier we'd be so much further along.

Instead we're stuck at this impasse where we have to decide whether it makes since to pay a 30-year old not elite QB $30+M a year and stay the course with this current staff.  McClain and McGee have been a disaster, Pryor is awful, this draft class with the exception of Allen who's now hurt is not very good. We need a LG, C, ILB, DE, WR, RB and NT and not in that order. We also will potentially need a QB as well. 

What is the point in continuing this build? It has failed and we peaked already at 9-7. McVay was clearly the brains behind the offense and Scot was the best GM we've had since Beatherd. Burn it all down and start over. Do what the eagles did. Take a bad year and turn it into a positive thing. 

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

When Scot was hired we were supposed to get our rebuild. Instead we kept the coach and we kept Bruce. If this team would've just fired Jay and Bruce, hired a competent head coach and D.C., let Scot do his thing and paid Kirk earlier we'd be so much further along.

Instead we're stuck at this impasse where we have to decide whether it makes since to pay a 30-year old not elite QB $30+M a year and stay the course with this current staff.  McClain and McGee have been a disaster, Pryor is awful, this draft class with the exception of Allen who's now hurt is not very good. We need a LG, C, ILB, DE, WR, RB and NT and not in that order. We also will potentially need a QB as well. 

What is the point in continuing this build? It has failed and we peaked already at 9-7. McVay was clearly the brains behind the offense and Scot was the best GM we've had since Beatherd. Burn it all down and start over. Do what the eagles did. Take a bad year and turn it into a positive thing. 

Didn't we get Nicholson in this class too? I'd say he's a bright spot as well.

As for the rest of your post, I agree.

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Didn't we get Nicholson in this class too? I'd say he's a bright spot as well.

As for the rest of your post, I agree.

Yeah. I was going to include him but he celebrates tackles after guys have gained like 8 yards and it drives me crazy lol

23 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Yet somehow we were still in the game at the end. Our season is far from over. In fact we are only halfway there. 

My question for people is what do you expect? With all these injuries on the oline, did everyone expect us to run all over Dallas? Did everyone expect us to pass all over their suspect secondary with WRs that have failed to live up to expectations. And a pocket that continually collapsed in the pouring rain. 

We all knew what wad going to happen this game and yet people act surprised and disappointed. They didnt give up, but they were outplayed. Its not a scheme thing, its not one particular player, its not an owner thing. This game panned out as everyone should have expected.

Lets get over it and move on to next week.

Archived