Week 8: Dallas Cowboys @ Washington Redskins

Ghostnote

When I saw the starting OL i knew we would loose.  However I didn't expect us to loose the way we did.  To have a blocked kick that would have put us up by 9 only to have it turn in a instant to one point deficit, to continue to fumble, to have Doctson drop a long pass on a critical 3rd down.  I mean I can go on and on.  I guess that is what you get when you are playing with so many injuries.  Mistakes.

2 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

When I saw the starting OL i knew we would loose.  However I didn't expect us to loose the way we did.  To have a blocked kick that would have put us up by 9 only to have it turn in a instant to one point deficit, to continue to fumble, to have Doctson drop a long pass on a critical 3rd down.  I mean I can go on and on.  I guess that is what you get when you are playing with so many injuries.  Mistakes.

At one point in the second half we had 26 yards of offense and 2 fumbles - Kirk’s and CT’s - you can NOT win if you are turning the ball over against equal and arguably better opponents. Week 1 we had 4 turnovers which contributed to our loss. We had 2 turnovers against San Fran which allowed them to get back in the game and yesterday we had the kick block and two fumbles. 

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Even when we weren't injured we still couldn't run the ball. We weren't competitive and the only reason this game was close was because of the elements. 

Huh? We were winning at one point and part of the reason why is because we were mixing in some runs.  I always say, we need to try to run the ball eveey series, even if it’s under 4 ypc because we have to keep the defense honest.

Losing Reed and Paul really hurt us and what we wanted to do offensively. I’m sure sure what happened with Davis this game, Lee & company sure locked him down or Cousins couldn’t find him one or the other.

I also once again didn’t love the game plan. We have to go quick game first and commit to the run some which opens up the downfield stuff and play action. If we aren’t doing those things, we can’t expect to be able to hit the current outside Wrs because they’re not good enough.

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

He wasn't snapping on those FG's I saw. Were there a bunch of other bad snaps in the game? 

He had some issues with shotgun snaps but it was to be expected with the weather conditions. I thought he played decent. He wasn't a glaring bad spot. 

32 minutes ago, Jlash said:

How'd my boy Chase do?

He did well considering the elements. He had a few low snaps because of the weather as Lavar said but nothing that Kirk shouldn’t have been able to handle if he kept his eye on the ball.

The OL wasn’t a travesty despite all the injuries. Sure they could have been better but it wasn’t a nightmare like many of us had worried about.

4 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

16-7 might of been enough to win the rain came down and prescott  wasn't good with cowoysvgetting penalized we would won 

3 hours ago, Brian23 said:

@Thaiphoon I think/thought it was you I was aruging with.

Yeah...

At the snap, the line of scrimmage is the 15 or so. Ball is snapped at 0:01 (shotgun). At 0:02, the line has fallen back to the 13 yard line (Crowder has taken two strides). At 0:03, only one defensive lineman is not at the 10 yard line (Crowder is at the 20); Cousins throws to Thompson underneath.

Even if Cousins believed Catalina could hold up for another second (he wouldn't have as he just got tossed aside like a rag doll), the LOLB had deep zone responsibility and was perhaps 3 yards away from Crowder. Have to figure he would contest that ball.

Also, given that they had no time outs anyway, would they attack the seam or should they have gone for the sideline?

9 hours ago, Brian23 said:

@Thaiphoon I think/thought it was you I was aruging with.

Yeah...

Yeah, all I had was a snapshot you gave me. And from that it wasn't clear what he was doing with the ball. I was in the hospital during the game so I didn't watch it until later. I had thought this was the other play where Kirk dumped it to the flat.

After watching the play on the DVR I saw what you were talking about. And Cooley broke it down nicely here as well.

18 hours ago, Woz said:

At the snap, the line of scrimmage is the 15 or so. Ball is snapped at 0:01 (shotgun). At 0:02, the line has fallen back to the 13 yard line (Crowder has taken two strides). At 0:03, only one defensive lineman is not at the 10 yard line (Crowder is at the 20); Cousins throws to Thompson underneath.

Even if Cousins believed Catalina could hold up for another second (he wouldn't have as he just got tossed aside like a rag doll), the LOLB had deep zone responsibility and was perhaps 3 yards away from Crowder. Have to figure he would contest that ball.

Also, given that they had no time outs anyway, would they attack the seam or should they have gone for the sideline?

The backer broke on CT the minute he came through the A/B gap, if he had thrown at the exact same time to throw behind him he get's a sizeable gain.

There's also zero arguments for "he wanted to work the sidelines". He threw essentially the same spot only 10 yards closer to the LOS then had he completed it to Crowder. It was an awful throw and an example of what he's been doing a lot lately, instantly going checkdown. Only, a lot of the time this year CT has been able to make monster plays out of it.

Archived