Waiver Wire Thread

AkronsWitness

On 10/28/2021 at 7:35 AM, sammymvpknight said:

I'm not dropping any of those guys for Lindsey

I'd drop Jeff Wilson Jr who probably won't even play this year for David Johnson who should have an increased role as a runner and was already their pass catching back. Especially with Tyrod Taylor coming back.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I'd drop Jeff Wilson Jr who probably won't even play this year for David Johnson who should have an increased role as a runner and was already their pass catching back. Especially with Tyrod Taylor coming back.

Man...David Johnson is so incredibly low upside. I'm not starting that guy even if he's starting for the Texans. I don't have space for someone like that on my bench. I think that Jeff Wilson plays this year, and it wouldn't be surprising if he starts. The starter for the 49er offense has value...as we saw yesterday when he helped people in their fantasy playoffs. I'm shooting for the stars and keeping Wilson in my IR slot and hoping for the best.

6 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Man...David Johnson is so incredibly low upside. I'm not starting that guy even if he's starting for the Texans. I don't have space for someone like that on my bench. I think that Jeff Wilson plays this year, and it wouldn't be surprising if he starts. The starter for the 49er offense has value...as we saw yesterday when he helped people in their fantasy playoffs. I'm shooting for the stars and keeping Wilson in my IR slot and hoping for the best.

Elijah Mitchell has clearly taken over as the 49ers RB1 and they just got Hasty back plus they also have Sermon. The entire Texans offenses fantasy value was capped with Davis Mills at QB but Tyrod Taylor just returned to practice and should be starting again next week. 

Over the last 4 weeks David Johnson has been splitting snaps basically 50/50 with Mark Ingram. Over the last 3 weeks David Johnson has seen 6 targets in 2 games and finished with over 10 points in both. I may wait on Johnson until we see what happens this week against the Rams. But with Mills starting I'm assuming the Rams blow them out which forces the Texans to pass early and often. I'd also guess that Ramsey shadows Cook all game so they'll have to dump the ball off to Johnson more often then not.

I have a few fantasy questions: 

1. How would you rank these TEs the rest of the season in PPR: Logan Thomas, Dawson Knox, Hunter Henry, Dan Arnold

I have Hunter Henry and he is too TD dependent. IDk if Knox will come back strong with that injury 

2. Is Elijah Moore breaking out late? he's starting to get stats. off to a slow start but does he have more value then someone like a Devonta Smith/or a handcuff. I really don't think much Hurts as a passer so I'm cooling on Moore. Is Smith droppable 

3. Is Sony Michel the clear handcuff to Henderson? Or would it be a timeshare??

4. is that Gore guy someone who can be a force? he sure did look good on Monday Night

Edited by Humble_Beast

Everyone is rushing to add Jeremy MicNichols and/or Adrian Peterson but I took a chance on D'onta Foreman. 

Foreman was a Doak Walker award winner after rushing for 2,000 yards as a junior at Texas and a third round pick by Houston in 2017. He suffered an Achilles injury that derailed his career but I think he'll be the Titans primary ball carrier this week and potentially for the rest of the season.

Foreman is 6'1" 235 with 4.4 speed and was with the Titans last season. Plus he was on the Falcons PS this year with Arthur Smith so he knows the Titans playbook well and has been practicing all season. MicNichols hasn't had more than 2 carries in a game this year and AP is straight off the couch. 

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I have a few fantasy questions: 

1. How would you rank these TEs the rest of the season in PPR: Logan Thomas, Dawson Knox, Hunter Henry, Dan Arnold

I have Hunter Henry and he is too TD dependent. IDk if Knox will come back strong with that injury 

2. Is Elijah Moore breaking out late? he's starting to get stats. off to a slow start but does he have more value then someone like a Devonta Smith/or a handcuff. I really don't think much Hurts as a passer so I'm cooling on Moore. Is Smith droppable 

3. Is Sony Michel the clear handcuff to Henderson? Or would it be a timeshare??

4. is that Gore guy someone who can be a force? he sure did look good on Monday Night

They're more or less all TD dependent but I'd rank them: Knox, Henry, Arnold, Thomas. Knox plays in the best offense in football so he's going to have more chances to put up points. Henry is a solid option not a fan of Arnold or Thomas. 

Definitely don't drop Smith for Moore. 

Clear handcuff.

No but if you want a sleeper view my. post above. 

• Like 1

I'd like to thank Rodgers for managing to take me from being primed to start him in a choice matchup in both my main leagues, to now starting (respectfully to each league) either QB side of the MIA/HOU matchup - because in my 1/2pt PPR league people are hording QB's so much that my best option on the waiver wire is/was literally Tyrod Taylor.

35 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

I'd like to thank Rodgers for managing to take me from being primed to start him in a choice matchup in both my main leagues, to now starting (respectfully to each league) either QB side of the MIA/HOU matchup - because in my 1/2pt PPR league people are hording QB's so much that my best option on the waiver wire is/was literally Tyrod Taylor.

Thats how people are in my leagues some have 3 QBs when I only really ever carry one

Having Jalen Hurts makes life difficult because his performance has started to decline so I picked up Burrow on the waiver wire and don't want to drop him in the scenario that Hurts is benched. At RB I have Joe Mixon, Damien Harris, D'Andre Swift, Alexander Mattison, and AJ Dillon. I need to win this week but Mixon is on a bye and Harris suffered a head injury. Considering dropping Burrow or Mattison for either Stevenson from the Pats if Harris isn't playing but he got hurt today too, lol.

who's better to add on my team

QB: Kyler

RB: Kamara, Henderson, Gordon, Wilson

WR: Hopkins, Chase, AB, Aiyuk, Arob, Landry

TE: Arnold

Out: CEH, Hunt

debating between adding Logan Thomas and Devonta Freeman. Arnold is Okay but the Jags suck. Thomas might be a solid TE1. could use the RB because of injures. someone help 

9 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

who's better to add on my team

QB: Kyler

RB: Kamara, Henderson, Gordon, Wilson

WR: Hopkins, Chase, AB, Aiyuk, Arob, Landry

TE: Arnold

Out: CEH, Hunt

debating between adding Logan Thomas and Devonta Freeman. Arnold is Okay but the Jags suck. Thomas might be a solid TE1. could use the RB because of injures. someone help 

Id take the added RB depth over a TE