Waiver Wire Thread

AkronsWitness

6 hours ago, BillSabre said:

Russ went down and I can’t stream weekly. Who is my best option moving forward overall? 

Heineke

Wentz

Lance

Jones 

Bridgewater 

Garapollo 

Jones got hurt today with a concussion, Lance will probably be benched but Jimmy G is also injury prone. Would probably go Teddy Bridgewater.

7 hours ago, Danger said:

Michael Thomas
Jerry Jeudy
Jarvis Landry
Sterling Sheppard
JuJu Smith Schuster

???

Fortunately my permastarters are Hill and Diggs, but yikes.

Hill is hurt too and as a Diggs fantasy owner myself he has been disappointing this year. Not sure how deep your league is but I'd look at Hunter Renfrow, Marquez Callaway, Mecole Hardman, Tim Patrick, and Armon-Ra St.Brown. 

St.Brown is someone I like a lot because the Lions are terrible so they'll be passing the ball a lot. And Anthony Lynn's offense loves to utilize the slot WR in the short passing game. Over the last two weeks he has played over 70%+ of the snaps and has over a 25%+ target share.

My waiver wire requests for this week in order: 

• Add Darrell Williams | Drop Ty'Son Williams

• Add Khalil Herbert | Drop Ty'Son Williams

• Add Devonta Booker | Drop Ty'Son Williams

• Add Alex Collins | Drop Ty'Son Williams

• Add Giovani Bennard | Drop Ty'Son Williams

• Add Mecole Hardman | Drop Zack Pascal 

• Add Amon-Ra St. Brown | Drop Zack Pascal 

• Add Tim Patrick | Drop Zack Pascal 

On 10/11/2021 at 10:31 AM, Danger said:

Michael Thomas
Jerry Jeudy
Jarvis Landry
Sterling Sheppard
JuJu Smith Schuster

???

Fortunately my permastarters are Hill and Diggs, but yikes.

Thomas should be back by Week 7.  I realize he's eligible to come off the IR the week following this week's bye, but I've been penciling in Week 8 as when I was expecting to get any return from Thomas (mercifully since I'm not going to be able to count on Lockett's consistency at all with Geno - DK I feel will still be fine, Lockett is a TD dart throw till Russ is back IMO).

15 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Thomas should be back by Week 7.  I realize he's eligible to come off the IR the week following this week's bye, but I've been penciling in Week 8 as when I was expecting to get any return from Thomas (mercifully since I'm not going to be able to count on Lockett's consistency at all with Geno - DK I feel will still be fine, Lockett is a TD dart throw till Russ is back IMO).

He should go get St. Brown, Hardman, Patrick, or Collaway. 

On 10/12/2021 at 6:18 AM, NYRaider said:

| Drop Ty'Son Williams

I know I should cut bait but I'm holding out a little hope that one of the BAL RBs will get moved before the deadline.

Doesn't help that Montgomery and Barkley are on the shelf for a couple of weeks. Henry has been a godsend.

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He should go get St. Brown, Hardman, Patrick, or Collaway. 

Yeah, Patrick or St. Brown if he needs a starter this week.  I'm more inclined to trust Patrick to meet his floor, now that Teddy is back under center.  Calloway I have trouble trusting because, what exactly are the Saints... are they a good team and bad team?  They're anything but predictable and in fantasy football that's poison apple territory.  And Hardman, he's a dart throw who, frankly, despite being in a less "prolific" offense I'd be more inclined to go for a spot start of someone like DeAndre Carter against Hardman's team - we haven't got a ton to go off from Hardman but that WR2 role in Washington is in flux, we're likely looking at another shootout because neither defense has played well lately, and Carter offers better ceiling than Adam Humphries does with Heinecke under center.  Admittedly, that's more of a better DFS play than a league play though.

On 10/13/2021 at 10:18 AM, Dr LBC said:

Yeah, Patrick or St. Brown if he needs a starter this week.  I'm more inclined to trust Patrick to meet his floor, now that Teddy is back under center. 

The Raiders have given up like the 4th or 5th fewest points to WR's in fantasy this year.