Waiver Wire Thread

AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, Lionized said:

Thoughts on Travis Heinecki, Raheem Mostert? 

I would drop Big Ben for Heinecki to be a backup, and keep Mostert for next season on my IR would he be worth it? thoughts? 

I think that Mostert is incredibly low upside at this point. They will likely have moved on...and even if Mostert returns...the guy is up there in age and injury prone. And let's just pretend against all odds Mostert comes back healthy, that the other guys suck, and he manages to break his injury-prone-ness this late in his career. The 49ers in spite of that may just rotate their backs like they already do anyway. I'd have an incredibly low threshold to fill the IR slot with someone more valuable...such as Jeff Wilson.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

So I dropped D. Booker and picked up Jeff Wilson Jr., to fill my IR slot. I also picked up Noah Fant and dropped Robert Tonyan.

With my open bench slot I'm thinking of grabbing Sterling Shepard or re-adding Tonyan. My PPR roster:

QB: Rodgers
RB: Barkley, Henry, Montgomery, Ty'Son Williams, and Javonte Williams
WR: Aiyuk, Deebo, DeVonta, Fuller, and Chark (hoping to deal one of 49ers at some point)
TE: Fant

Other WR of note: Beasley, Watkins, Renfrow (? 9 targets), Reagor, Marshall Jr.

We can start 2 TE's, 1 in the FLEX.

Ended up adding Beasley.

14 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I think that Mostert is incredibly low upside at this point. They will likely have moved on...and even if Mostert returns...the guy is up there in age and injury prone. And let's just pretend against all odds Mostert comes back healthy, that the other guys suck, and he manages to break his injury-prone-ness this late in his career. The 49ers in spite of that may just rotate their backs like they already do anyway. I'd have an incredibly low threshold to fill the IR slot with someone more valuable...such as Jeff Wilson.

How about they just play the guy they traded up in the 3rd round of the draft for and quit trying to get cute.

Thinking about dropping Trey Lance (Rodgers is my Starter) for one of these guys...in my Standard scoring league...

1. Larry Rountree
2. Juwan Johnson
3. Chuba Hubbard 

I should probably just be smart about it and pick up Hubbard, being the CMC Owner right?

Noah Fant is my TE so it feels like I can feel somewhat comfortable starting him every week, but I like the Touchdown potential of Johnson. 

5 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Thinking about dropping Trey Lance (Rodgers is my Starter) for one of these guys...in my Standard scoring league...

1. Larry Rountree
2. Juwan Johnson
3. Chuba Hubbard 

I should probably just be smart about it and pick up Hubbard, being the CMC Owner right?

Noah Fant is my TE so it feels like I can feel somewhat comfortable starting him every week, but I like the Touchdown potential of Johnson. 

Hubbard would probably be the smart play being the CMC owner as you say. Out of curiosity who are your other RBs?

I'm intrigued by Johnson and actually added Fant myself this week. Only thing that worries me is the snaps/targets.

Trautman played 51 snaps (82%) and led the team with 6 targets.

Johnson played 12 snaps (19%) and had 3 targets, and we know how his stat line turned out.

Like I said, the intrigue is certainly there being a former WR. He'd certainly be the lottery ticket add at this point.

4 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Playing the better player isn’t cute. Williams beat Sermon out for the position. 3rd rounders bust all the time. Sorry about your frustration though

Why don't they just cut Sermon then if he's not good enough to beat out Mostert, Hasty, Wilson or this other random guy nobody has ever heard of. If he's RB5 on your roster why even hold onto him.

39 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Why don't they just cut Sermon then if he's not good enough to beat out Mostert, Hasty, Wilson or this other random guy nobody has ever heard of. If he's RB5 on your roster why even hold onto him.

A 3rd round pick costs next to nothing. They gain little by cutting him. Maybe he gets better…that could happen. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Hubbard would probably be the smart play being the CMC owner as you say. Out of curiosity who are your other RBs?

I'm intrigued by Johnson and actually added Fant myself this week. Only thing that worries me is the snaps/targets.

Trautman played 51 snaps (82%) and led the team with 6 targets.

Johnson played 12 snaps (19%) and had 3 targets, and we know how his stat line turned out.

Like I said, the intrigue is certainly there being a former WR. He'd certainly be the lottery ticket add at this point.

Good points. I’m a little concerned with Trautman’s usage over Johnson, but Johnson did seem to get the redzone work. And in a non-PPR league, I’m chasing those opportunities. Also, Johnson would have had 4 targets in the game. Winston tried throwing him a 20 yard bullet in the end zone between 2 defenders but it was picked off. The play was called back on a penalty by GB. 

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

So I picked up Christian Kirk on waivers but had to drop my K in the meantime to determine who to actually drop. Who would you drop out of these guys?

• Miles Sanders
  • Kareem Hunt
  • Courtland Sutton
  • Darnell Mooney
  • Tony Jones Jr.
  • Latavius Murray
  • Christian Kirk

My starters:

• Brady
  • Hopkins, Julio, Thielen, 
  • Jones, CEH, 
  • Logan Thomas
  • San Fran

14 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Good points. I’m a little concerned with Trautman’s usage over Johnson, but Johnson did seem to get the redzone work. And in a non-PPR league, I’m chasing those opportunities. Also, Johnson would have had 4 targets in the game. Winston tried throwing him a 20 yard bullet in the end zone between 2 defenders but it was picked off. The play was called back on a penalty by GB. 

It is entirely possible they try and incorporate Johnson into the offense more, he may prove to be too good to keep off the field. RZ opportunities are king in a standard league.