Week 2 GDT: Titans (0-1) @ Seahawks (1-0) - do we suck again???

-Hope-

6 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Any update on Caleb mysterious shoulder injury I honestly feel he’s the missing piece on defense I rather seen him struggle gaining experience learning from his mistakes if he’s ready physically, hell I remember pac man struggled his rookie yr & 06 he was a star

As long as Jenkins isn't getting burnt and Fulton is holding strong on the outside I don't think we see a lot of him this year. He's a boundary guy and we're solid there right now. 

27 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

This goes back to what I was saying Sunday, when I was like Tannehill is holding on to the ball too long & needs to get rid of it, & few of you were saying the OL not giving him time, & Dowings is calling ds long passing routes. My point is what he just said sometimes you have to take what the defense gives you, then as the QB talk it over with your OC & make adjustments. This is why I always say you can’t be a elite QB or a great QB if you need everything to work in your favor. At some point Tannehill has to do know his personnel know presnap where you trying to go with the ball, but if they blitz or I feel immediate pressure where’s my checkdown, my safety blanket the small things coaches always preach 

It depends on the play you're referencing. We run a lot of PA 7 man protections as part of our offense and sometimes when you only have 2 WRs going downfield and a check-down leaking out after chipping there might not be anything open if the pressure is immediate.

The majority of the time I will agree with you that he needs to get rid of it. He really isn't sensing anything that comes from his backside. When the pressure comes from the right side it's fine, so I don't think it's a lack of him knowing what to do. Every QB has a mental clock and Tannehill is willing to stand in there as long as he needs to get a big play. Sometimes that backfires when the pressure is from the left and he's oblivious to it.

2 hours ago, TitanSS said:

As long as Jenkins isn't getting burnt and Fulton is holding strong on the outside I don't think we see a lot of him this year. He's a boundary guy and we're solid there right now. 

You can never have too many pass rushers & cover corners in a pass happy league, after Jenkins & Fulton it’s ugly, Molden is good but not up against speed WR’s. I view Caleb contributing like Simmons rookie yr, whatever we get is a bonus 

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

You can never have too many pass rushers & cover corners in a pass happy league, after Jenkins & Fulton it’s ugly, Molden is good but not up against speed WR’s. I view Caleb contributing like Simmons rookie yr, whatever we get is a bonus 

You can never have too many of them, but someone on the outside gonna have to come off before he sees time. Fulton playing too well to be moved to the slot and Jackson is playing pretty well in the slot.

13 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

You can never have too many of them, but someone on the outside gonna have to come off before he sees time. Fulton playing too well to be moved to the slot and Jackson is playing pretty well in the slot.

Jenkins is obviously the odd man out, being on the wrong side of 30. Still, unless Farley somehow dominates early, you can't just start him right away. CB position is usually a tough adjustment for rookies, let alone one who is recovering and has missed so much time getting up to NFL speed.

Better to ease him in slowly. We have good players starting there at the moment. 

Simmons benefitted from playing a position that rotates and allowed him to see playing time earlier. 

If the coaches see their team as contenders they're going to play guys who understand their role the best, not risk losing games getting young guys with more upside playing time.

Doesn't make the draft picks any better or worse.

So basically they were expecting pass based on game circumstances (up 2 scores in the second half) and their defensive personnel/coverages were set up to stop the pass and all the sudden the run game took off.

We did pass early on, so I'm not completely ragging on Downing, but considering the way the defense was playing us we should have passed more often in early downs in the first half.

The two runs on 2nd and goal from like the 7-8 yard line were dumb and just wasted a play for the sake at making 3rd and goal a slightly shorter pass attempt because the odds of scoring on a run were very low.

Edited by TitanSS

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

So basically they were expecting pass based on game circumstances (up 2 scores in the second half) and their defensive personnel/coverages were set up to stop the pass and all the sudden the run game took off.

We did pass early on, so I'm not completely ragging on Downing, but considering the way the defense was playing us we should have passed more often in early downs in the first half.

The two runs on 2nd and goal from like the 7-8 yard line were dumb and just wasted a play for the sake at making 3rd and goal a slightly shorter pass attempt because the odds of scoring on a run were very low.

this also seems like it's what freed up the RBs for so many catches in the second half.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

this also seems like it's what freed up the RBs for so many catches in the second half.

Right. We take the dump offs because that's what the defense gives us in the passing game even though that's not necessarily what we wanted to do, but in the run game we pound our heads into a wall to "establish" the run because that's our identity.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TitanSS said:

Apparently we're already using him as a sub package LB. He looks pretty solid in this thread. 

P.S. this guy post tons of clips on Twitter. Probably my favorite account to follow if you get football media from Twitter at all.

Him & no flags got Fye content 

9 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

But him & Metcalf are somewhat similar in athleticism, both are avg agility guys, 

Also, this is the play I was talking about, and apparently I rememberd it wrong. Wasn't Metcalf, it was Lockett, who definitely should be more agile, yet he carries him up the field like it was nothing.