Week 2 GDT: Titans (0-1) @ Seahawks (1-0) - do we suck again???

-Hope-

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

Hey I was at a bar and couldnt hear the discussion, but why wasnt the Julio Jones TD a TD?
He clearly got his toes down first?

Does a toe tap only count on the sideline? 

I think the way the rule was explained was very dumb

The ref in studio for CBS said where he got the toe down and tried to get the foot down as well that Julio needed to get that foot down

He was asked if Julio just got the toe down and hopped out of bounds that it would have been a TD and Gene said it would have

So to answer your question no toe taps can happen in the end zone

That whole situation was just so stupid

Was called a TD on the field

Needed clear and obvious evidence to overturn it which there never was

Julio gets a foot and toe definitely in bounds but these dumb catch rules rear its head over needing the foot as well

Should have just been a TD where it was called one on the field

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I think the way the rule was explained was very dumb

The ref in studio for CBS said where he got the toe down and tried to get the foot down as well that Julio needed to get that foot down

He was asked if Julio just got the toe down and hopped out of bounds that it would have been a TD and Gene said it would have

So to answer your question no toe taps can happen in the end zone

That whole situation was just so stupid

Was called a TD on the field

Needed clear and obvious evidence to overturn it which there never was

Julio gets a foot and toe definitely in bounds but these dumb catch rules rear its head over needing the foot as well

Should have just been a TD where it was called one on the field

Ok thanks. I was very confused and was wishing I had audio to hear the explanation, but sounds like I didnt miss anything lol

Congrats on the big win!

2 hours ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

The guy came back from an ACL in less than 12 months got abused. Likely wasn't ready calm down. I'm all for them starting until he is actually healthy. Your take here will change the instant one of them allow a sack 

Both of them are below average players but they’re clearly better than Lewan right now. Blame the injury all you want. Regardless, he shouldn’t be starting right now. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s put on IR at some point this week. 

4 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Ok thanks. I was very confused and was wishing I had audio to hear the explanation, but sounds like I didnt miss anything lol

Congrats on the big win!

Gene Steratore and the announcers where surprised the call was overturned

Speaking of announcers 

We get these 2 bozo's again this week i believe

Andrew Catalon didnt agree with the penalty against Adams on Pruitt, he said something along the lines of he didnt think the hit was that bad

I lost my mind at home.

No one had an issue with the hit, its the fact hes 5 yards out of bounds and got slammed

I have just never been a fan of Catalon and Lofton 

I hate listening to Catalon and Lofton. 

The non TD catch by Jones still bugs me.  The only thing I can think of is one view directly overhead showed from above that the edge of his foot was "over" the out of bounds line.  However all other shots did not show the outer edge of the foot touching the white line, and in fact one view that showed him digging up grass with his foot also showed that none of the out of bounds white chalk was "dug up".  Also none of the side views showed the outer edge of his foot touching the out of bounds mark.  So the only way they can call in a non catch is if they "guessed" that because part of his shoe seemed over the out of bounds marker (NOT part of the shoe that has cleats mind you),  that he must have stepped out of bounds. Though all views showed he did indeed step in bounds with no view showing any part of the foot (cleat) touched out of bounds.   Basically the ref in NY said no way that he could have keep his foot in bounds even though there was ZERO evidence that his foot stepped out of bounds. 

The OTHER huge Issue I have with REFs  was that spot of the football on the one play that gave SEATLE a Key first down late.  The spot was clearly bad, and done by a ref from a terrible angle.  Those things happen but it shouldn't be that bad. What I am really upset was THERE WAS ZERO REPLAY SHOWN, thus our COACHES were not given any chance TO CHALLENGE>>.  The View live from the game showed it clearly was a good half a yard SHORT>.. but no replay so we couldn't chance a challenge. 

33 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

They said the Swaim busted coverage was on him. How they know? Beyond me. lol

Looked like cover 3 and it's more likely that the outside CB has the deep 1/3 than both he and Jackson were both supposed to be playing the hook/flat at the same time.