If Zimmer and Spielman Go...

12 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

oh. impressive.

other planks on his resume ladder?

Position coach with the Patriots (multiple stops) and Jets, as well as coordinator experience with the Browns, Dolphins, and Chiefs. 

He was also the OC and quarterbacks coach for Alabama in 2017, when they won the national championship. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Position coach with the Patriots (multiple stops) and Jets, as well as coordinator experience with the Browns, Dolphins, and Chiefs. 

He was also the OC and quarterbacks coach for Alabama in 2017, when they won the national championship. 

yikes... the dude's been with 5 Super Bowl winning teams, according to Wiki....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Yep. I’m working on a mock offseason with him as the target for HC. 

why do you think he moves around so much, though? i imagine when he gets his first head coaching gig, he'll want to stay, yes. but as someone who has hired and fired a lot of guys, you always are suspect of those who jump the ship almost every year.

9 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

why do you think he moves around so much, though? i imagine when he gets his first head coaching gig, he'll want to stay, yes. but as someone who has hired and fired a lot of guys, you always are suspect of those who jump the ship almost every year.

I’d say opportunity. I imagine that as a position coach it’s hard to turn down a promotion to a coordinator job. And his previous coordinator jobs have ended with the whole staff being let go, which puts him back on the job market.

Im not really worried about coaches moving around, it’s what they do. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

and they are good choices because...?

Ed Dodds has been an integral part of scouting and identifying talent for both the Seahawks during their “legion of boom” run, as well as the current Colts roster. An excellent talent evaluator. 

Schoen is very similar. An excellent talent evaluator who has been Beane’s right hand guy in Buffalo. He’s helped Beane, who’s arguably the best GM in the NFL, create one of the most talented rosters in the league. They’ve also done it without doing a complete tear down and rebuild. Which, is largely the situation that the Vikings are in. 

McClay is also one of the top talent evaluators in the league. And has been a huge part of building Dallas’ talented roster. He’s another George Paton. Highly sought after, but has turned down every opportunity so far. It’s very clear that he’s only going to leave for the perfect opportunity. 

• Like 2