If Zimmer and Spielman Go...

On 12/27/2021 at 12:29 PM, marshpit23 said:

Yes, I agree this is how it will go ‘down’. Zimmer and the Vikings will spit ways amicably. Zimmer will ride off into the Kentucky sunset and the Wilf’s will hire a coach with a fresh perspective.

It almost seems like they have already agreed on that.  In interviews, Zim doesn't look like the same guy he was 3-4 years ago.  He looks tired, beaten down, and resigned to his fate. 

He has been a good coach who has represented the Vikings well for his years in Minnesota, and for that reason, I would be surprised if he were fired before the final game of the season. 

Even if he didn't get the us a Super Bowl, he always conducted himself with class and professionalism.  He has earned the right to go out with that much respect from the organization.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Seems to be working for AZ but not Jax or Carolina. Any potential Kliff Kingsburys out there. 

Is it working for AZ? 

Kingsbury has done better than most, he’s not an embarrassment. However, for the 3rd straight year under him the Cardinals have had a second half of the season implosion.

Kingsbury is looking like a one trick pony who, once figured out, isn’t able to find a suitable counter move. 

But to answer your question, the closest thing to Kingsbury in college football is probably Lincoln Riley, and he just got paid by USC. 

• Like 1

The Kingsbury situation is even more baffling because he is actually a better NFL coach now than he ever was a college coach.  

There aren't many, if any, college coaches I'd consider for a NFL job.  David Shaw might be it...and he just so happens to have a VIkings' connection, as his dad was a coach under Denny and Tice...but he's got a good gig at Stanford, so I don't know why he'd leave.

The latest name added to the Jaguars' list of head coaching candidates comes from NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero, who reports Jacksonville has requested to interview Green Bay offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett.

Hackett served as quarterbacks coach and then offensive coordinator with the Jaguars from 2015-2018. He’s been with the Packers as offensive coordinator since Matt LaFleur was hired in 2019, though Hackett does not call plays.

Hackett, 42, has also spent time with the Buccaneers and had two separate stints with the Bills in the NFL.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/28/jaguars-request-to-interview-nathaniel-hackett/

my top choice.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Andy Reid:  “I’m sure I’ll hear from people on that (new coaching inquiries of his staff) Eric Bieniemy, Steve Spagnuolo has been a head coach and could easily jump in somewhere too. I’ve hammered the point about Eric Bieniemy. I just think the world of the guy, and he’s tremendous. I would imagine there are other guys on the staff, so whatever happens, happens there, but I’m always pulling for guys. If they have an opportunity to be promoted, more power to them.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/28/andy-reid-anticipating-members-of-chiefs-staff-will-get-head-coaching-interview-requests/

Bienemy should have been a Head Coach by now. As it stands, he might never be an NFL head coach. That’s a shame. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

The latest name added to the Jaguars' list of head coaching candidates comes from NFL Media’s Tom Pelissero, who reports Jacksonville has requested to interview Green Bay offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett.

Hackett served as quarterbacks coach and then offensive coordinator with the Jaguars from 2015-2018. He’s been with the Packers as offensive coordinator since Matt LaFleur was hired in 2019, though Hackett does not call plays.

Hackett, 42, has also spent time with the Buccaneers and had two separate stints with the Bills in the NFL.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/12/28/jaguars-request-to-interview-nathaniel-hackett/

my top choice.

I don't know how I feel about a coach that doesn't run the offense

• Like 1