Around the NFL

LeeEvans

4 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

We kept Shady? What happened to the McBeane magic with all the trades 

Bills asking for a 2nd rd pick and philly wasnt willing to part ways with one. Apparently they offered a 3rd and bills didnt want that as he is more valuable on the team then a 3rd rd pick.

6 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

That's a dumb decision

possibly but hes more then just an rb on the team he has good chemistry with Allen and he has become a leader for this team. Lets say they did trade him and they got a 3rd round pick for him what good is that pick going to be compared to shady? Bills arent hurting for cap space and they will just need another hole next year to be filled. All in all i wanted him gone simply because I wanted him reaching his goal of 12k which is very doable. I just hope the bills do the right thing and build him an oline so he can actually run wild again. right now the only running style working is up the gut cause the olineman are getting pushed around and the outside is collapsing where last year the left side was making massive holes for him to bounce out to get going. Watching the one play last night proves he still has it but they need to find ways to get him outside and up the field cause he is still a menace. Outside of thurman thomas him and fjax have been my favorite runningbacks on the bills since i was a kid. so im kind of happy to know he is still there.

• 3 months later...

Man, I’m 25 years old and all I’ve known is Patriot dynasties. So messed up. I’ve grown up in the worst era of probably any sports team like ever except the Browns. 

I hate Brady for ruining my childhood and because the Bills can’t beat him ever but Idgf he’s the GOAT athlete. With football being so much of a team sport and the NFL designed for parity he just ****s all over everyone year in and year out. I respect the hell out of him. Congrats Tommy. 

I will say this, idc if Tom is 85 and in a wheel chair i want to see the Bills finish above him in the division just ONCE. Please!!

12 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Thank you for Gilmore; guy is an absolute baller.

overpaid, may be a baller at times but get burnt on others. he is also known to hold on to guys and get away with which the pplay before his int showed that as an example. Paying a corner 65+ mil at the time made zero sense for the bills, plus he tended to give up a lot in playing. Some probably had to do with him not wanting to be around the coaching staff. Either way im happy he was gone and still pretty bitter that the bills let Robert Woods go as I thought he was a solid player and a class act. 

12 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Man, I’m 25 years old and all I’ve known is Patriot dynasties. So messed up. I’ve grown up in the worst era of probably any sports team like ever except the Browns. 

I hate Brady for ruining my childhood and because the Bills can’t beat him ever but Idgf he’s the GOAT athlete. With football being so much of a team sport and the NFL designed for parity he just ****s all over everyone year in and year out. I respect the hell out of him. Congrats Tommy. 

I will say this, idc if Tom is 85 and in a wheel chair i want to see the Bills finish above him in the division just ONCE. Please!!

Unfortunately he is the ultimate franchise qb, if you have one of those guys it allows teams to be consistent playoff contenders. He also has a coach who knows how to game plan and since they both have been there before they will most likely have the upper hand as they do not have the jitters teams have like the rams with a young HC and QB. Eventually Tom will have to retire and the pats will likely go down for several years as I assume Belichec will retire along with him and they will start fresh with a new HC and have to find a real qb in the draft or FA. My amin focus is watching our team grow and hope allen improves more as years go on, his 1st year impressed me more then I thought he would and having that 90+ mil in cap space before making adjustments shows they are on the right path, with a young defensive core and 2 young guys that are the most important on offense in LT and QB. 2019 will be an upgrade but 2020 will dictate what the bills future holds for fans and it should be a good one.

14 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Thank you for Gilmore; guy is an absolute baller.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

overpaid, may be a baller at times but get burnt on others. he is also known to hold on to guys and get away with which the pplay before his int showed that as an example. Paying a corner 65+ mil at the time made zero sense for the bills, plus he tended to give up a lot in playing. Some probably had to do with him not wanting to be around the coaching staff. Either way im happy he was gone and still pretty bitter that the bills let Robert Woods go as I thought he was a solid player and a class act. 

Worth every penny as he saved the Patriots’ bacon yesterday with the soul-crushing INT in the 4th. That pick, as well as Gronkowski’s huge catch, were the two biggest plays of a game that had little margin for error. God bless Gilmore. 

2 hours ago, rfournier103 said:

Worth every penny as he saved the Patriots’ bacon yesterday with the soul-crushing INT in the 4th. That pick, as well as Gronkowski’s huge catch, were the two biggest plays of a game that had little margin for error. God bless Gilmore. 

gronk play was definitely big but honestly any CB in the league would have had that interception. Goff should have never made that throw off his back foot. All in all Mcvay was out coached and props goes to the front 7 wreaking havoc on the top oline rams have which rattled goff fast and early. 

47 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

gronk play was definitely big but honestly any CB in the league would have had that interception. Goff should have never made that throw off his back foot. All in all Mcvay was out coached and props goes to the front 7 wreaking havoc on the top oline rams have which rattled goff fast and early. 

Removing Gilmore's first 3 games a Patriot, he's since been one of the best- if not the best- CB's in the league. He had an INT, 3 PBU's, 1 FF, and 5 tackles last night. Dude's a baller.

On 2/4/2019 at 8:59 AM, soflbillsfan said:

On 2/4/2019 at 1:31 PM, 1ForTheThumb said:

Removing Gilmore's first 3 games a Patriot, he's since been one of the best- if not the best- CB's in the league. He had an INT, 3 PBU's, 1 FF, and 5 tackles last night. Dude's a baller.

Yeah Gilmore has been a stud this year. Arguably the best CB this season. You're going to see a lot of bitter takes from Bills fans because he was very inconsistent here and took plays off at times. I am not sure how you can say he's overpaid with how he played this season. If you want to say that he wasn't a good fit for us and wasn't financially feasible then that's fine, but to say he gets burned and holds onto receivers seems bitter and nitpicky to me. Doesn't every CB get burned and hold onto receivers at times?

13 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Yeah Gilmore has been a stud this year. Arguably the best CB this season. You're going to see a lot of bitter takes from Bills fans because he was very inconsistent here and took plays off at times. I am not sure how you can say he's overpaid with how he played this season. If you want to say that he wasn't a good fit for us and wasn't financially feasible then that's fine, but to say he gets burned and holds onto receivers seems bitter and nitpicky to me. Doesn't every CB get burned and hold onto receivers at times?

Not bitter in anyway when it comes to gilmore he wanted out he got out. Im more bitter about the organization letting a guy like Robert Woods go then Gillmore. The bills were definitely struggling with cap when gillmore walked but he is overpaid like every other corner, he may be a shut down corner at times and at times he get roasted but these CB contracts are overly priced.  Patriots do get away with a lot more then other teams when it comes to penalties and refs that is a known fact and im okay with that because they are the ones who continue to make it to superbowl. gillmore definitely holds a lot i have seen it in buffalo and i see it there the thing is he doesnt get the calls there that he did in buffalo. He also did give up on the bills a ton of times just like Kelvin Benjamin did when he was traded. Guys like that dont need to be on the squad and going back to Woods he gave us everything even with a crappy qb situation and still gave everything when he went to the rams he is a true player. Bad management is the cause of the bills losing some of these players but guys like Gillmore are going to get overly paid to a team that is a corner away from winning a title which the pats were when he was signed 2 years ago. Bills had a crap ton of holes and im definitely glad they didnt pay him, just look at the jets when they go out and buy a corner at top price when they are a crap ton of pieces away from being some form of contender. Bills were able to land guys like Tre White, Turon JOhnson, and Levi Wallace all who were top talented corner and all 3 contracts equal a quarter of what Gillmore makes in a year's time. So i am happy with what we have over paying gillmore.

Archived