Packers place Za'Darius Smith on IR

RaidersAreOne

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2021 at 11:17 AM, VonKarman said:

I'm not saying he's a top GM, but he's done a decent job. He got rid of McCarthy and hired a pretty good coach in Matt Lafleur. He retooled pretty well by signing the Smiths+Amos+Turner and not re-signing/getting rid of Matthews, Perry, Daniels, Nelson, Bulaga, Clinton-Dix. He's only given a bad contract (Lowry 3Y/20M). I'd say he's been average in the draft. And of those 3 years only 1 has Rodgers played at a really high level.

What has Gute done to fix a defense that has been broken since 2011? He poured a large amount of money into Amos, Alexander, both Smiths, Lowry and Clark... AND used numerous draft picks on defense and it's still a disastrous mess.

What has Lafluer done to earn the title of a good coach? IMO, any HC/play-caller in the league could look good if they take over an offense led one of the best QBs in history, a top WR, and one of (if not) the best OL's in the league.

On 9/18/2021 at 12:46 PM, incognito_man said:
On 9/17/2021 at 3:35 PM, Shanedorf said:

I have often wondered if stupid people actually know they are stupid... or if their stupidity conveniently shields them from that reality ?

This proved to be prophetic in this thread!

8 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Your right it did.

This came full circle very nicely.

• Like 1