Week 2: LA Rams (1-0) @ Indianapolis Colts (0-1)

MDY10

Rams At Colts  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins on Sunday?

• Rams by 1-4
    • Rams by 5-9
    • Rams by 10+
    • Colts by 1-4
    • Colts by 5-9
    • Colts by 10+

3 hours ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

676 Total Yards allowed 

433 Pass Yards 

243 Rush Yards 

6 sacks 

3 INTs and 1 FF 

743 Total Yards 

486 Pass Yards allowed

257 Rush Yards allowed 

3 sacks

2 INTS and 1 FF 

Those are the Rams defensive stats for the first two games….the stats on the top are for 2021, the bottom is the 2020 season where we feasted on two bad NFC East teams. If this defense can clean up a few things and remain intact, this could be something special, and I mean better than last year. 

Raheem Morris teased that stats are for losers, but this defense is looking pretty good in that department so far, despite its flaws. 

We also played the Cowboys last year week 1 which was a better offense than the Dalton-led Bears, but the main thing is what @Car_Ramrodsaid. The second half adjustments just aren't there. Now it's only two weeks so I'm not throwing in the towel, but he needs to show me something. 

3 hours ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

676 Total Yards allowed 

433 Pass Yards 

243 Rush Yards 

6 sacks 

3 INTs and 1 FF 

743 Total Yards 

486 Pass Yards allowed

257 Rush Yards allowed 

3 sacks

2 INTS and 1 FF 

Those are the Rams defensive stats for the first two games….the stats on the top are for 2021, the bottom is the 2020 season where we feasted on two bad NFC East teams. If this defense can clean up a few things and remain intact, this could be something special, and I mean better than last year. 

Raheem Morris teased that stats are for losers, but this defense is looking pretty good in that department so far, despite its flaws. 

The Cowboys with Dak were a very good offense though last year. 

The defense can get better, my concern right now is we are giving up very easy yardage. It has been 2 games, and we've forced 1 punt beyond mid-field. We're letting teams kill time of possession with easy 7-8 yard completions on first and second down. Today definitely would look a lot better if they would capitalize on several sack opportunities but it also could easily look much worse if the Colts capitalize inside the 5 yard line. 

• Like 1

I don’t think I’m worried about the defense as some of you are. It’s two games into the season and I don’t think ANY defense looks very dominant. The Rams D needs to start wrapping up and making tackles. Stuffing them at the goaline was incredible with that Oline, regardless how bad playcalls were. It feels they’re bending a little more than last year but still not breaking often. IMO they’ll just keep getting better. Kenny Young needs to be smarter too. Love that Jalen and AD were the first ones there to calm him down. 

On offense, I thought the Stafford pick was brutal until I saw it had been tipped. It felt the offense fell into a slump for about 3-4 straight drives and let the Colts climb back into it. When it mattered most though they flew down and scored. The Oline was great which i was nervous about. I really thought Buckner was going to destroy this game. 

The Colts are NOT a bad team and I think they showed flashes of how good they can be. They were a top D last season. Wentz played well even though he was running all day.. Hope his injury isn’t a bad one. 

• Like 2

Starting to feel a little worried about burgess. Only 1 snap this week. Maybe his leg isn’t ready? I don’t get it. 

In other news, Donald finished with a 92 grade and Nelson had a career low 52. I thought during the game that AD had his way and this is a solid reassurance. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Starting to feel a little worried about burgess. Only 1 snap this week. Maybe his leg isn’t ready? I don’t get it. 

In other news, Donald finished with a 92 grade and Nelson had a career low 52. I thought during the game that AD had his way and this is a solid reassurance. 

McVay said multiple times in camp that Burgess was fighting for a spot. Nick Scott getting more snaps though each week with 13. Morris is more of a 3rd corner than 3rd safety it seems as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JonStark said:

We also played the Cowboys last year week 1 which was a better offense than the Dalton-led Bears, but the main thing is what @Car_Ramrodsaid. The second half adjustments just aren't there. Now it's only two weeks so I'm not throwing in the towel, but he needs to show me something. 

Cowboys are better than a Dalton Bears, I’ll give you that, but when you take the crappy Eagles and the playoff caliber Colts we just beat, it all kind of evens out. 

The Colts game wasn’t as close as the scoreboard indicated. The defense only gave up a touchdown, the rest were a bunch of field goals, and 10 points on the house courtesy of our STs (the punt that went for a TD, and the FG that the Colts scored due to good field position thanks to poor STa coverage) 

Our defense could use a fine tune up, but we’re still on pace for a damn good season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MDY10 said:

I don’t think I’m worried about the defense as some of you are. It’s two games into the season and I don’t think ANY defense looks very dominant. The Rams D needs to start wrapping up and making tackles. Stuffing them at the goaline was incredible with that Oline, regardless how bad playcalls were. It feels they’re bending a little more than last year but still not breaking often. IMO they’ll just keep getting better. Kenny Young needs to be smarter too. Love that Jalen and AD were the first ones there to calm him down. 

On offense, I thought the Stafford pick was brutal until I saw it had been tipped. It felt the offense fell into a slump for about 3-4 straight drives and let the Colts climb back into it. When it mattered most though they flew down and scored. The Oline was great which i was nervous about. I really thought Buckner was going to destroy this game. 

The Colts are NOT a bad team and I think they showed flashes of how good they can be. They were a top D last season. Wentz played well even though he was running all day.. Hope his injury isn’t a bad one. 

For some reason I’m not as fearful of our offensive line as I was a few months back. I guess McVay knew what he was talking about when he said he trusts the guys already in the building. Blocking the Bears and Colts defensive front in consecutive weeks is really earning a check. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

For some reason I’m not as fearful of our offensive line as I was a few months back. I guess McVay knew what he was talking about when he said he trusts the guys already in the building. Blocking the Bears and Colts defensive front in consecutive weeks is really earning a check. 

Yessir I couldn’t agree more. During the draft I was upset they made no effort to add lineman but once I heard Mcvay talk about how much he trusts the guys he has, I was convinced. Mcvay and staff aren’t the type to let a blatant need Go untouched. 

5 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

The offensive line is a big positive through 2 games. They've been great in pass protection. Bucs are a pretty big test.

Stafford played okay in this game. Had he thrown that easy pick 6 it would have been quite a bit different. 

1 hour ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

7 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Yessir I couldn’t agree more. During the draft I was upset they made no effort to add lineman but once I heard Mcvay talk about how much he trusts the guys he has, I was convinced. Mcvay and staff aren’t the type to let a blatant need Go untouched. 

Just remember that right now there's no injury on the OL so that's a bit premature to say that everything is fine. 

On passing protection it seems okay and Stafford is not like Goff, he's mobile in the pocket so it help the OL. 

But on the running game, i'm still not satisfy, i don't know doesn't seem that there are enough push to open big hole from the OL.

18 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Just remember that right now there's no injury on the OL so that's a bit premature to say that everything is fine. 

On passing protection it seems okay and Stafford is not like Goff, he's mobile in the pocket so it help the OL. 

But on the running game, i'm still not satisfy, i don't know doesn't seem that there are enough push to open big hole from the OL.

Yeah but Stafford also holds the ball longer. The Colts and Bears are good fronts to only have 2 sacks through 2 weeks. 

The last FG drive was great run blocking and running by Michel. I'm hopeful they can build off that.

• Like 1

Raheem Morris' defense is starting to scare me. It scared me in the offseason to hear a few quotes from him in camp about his outlook, but watching the lack of halftime adjustments and combining that with a one dimensional offense. I wonder at what point does McVay take over the defense? Cause he's too much of a control freak to let his Superbowl window with Stafford get pissed away. 

• Like 2

The defense is scary but you can't put all the blame on Morris. Beside Donald, Ramsey, Williams, all the player are average at best. 

He can't do wonder with a roster and a depht like this. This is no surprise for me that this defense is nowhere from last year. 

12 hours ago, Flounch said:

The defense is scary but you can't put all the blame on Morris. Beside Donald, Ramsey, Williams, all the player are average at best. 

He can't do wonder with a roster and a depht like this. This is no surprise for me that this defense is nowhere from last year. 

Unsurprisingly, I don't agree with this statement. SJD, Kenny Young, and Leonard Floyd I do not consider average based on play this year or last (Young really standing out besides his altercation).

I love Fuller even though he got burned Sunday by Pittman. We have some talent and depth we won't know until we have to. I feel better about our LB core than i have in the last 3-4 years. Probably since Barron and Ogletree.

I did expect a fall from #1 to #7-#10 with Morris, but anything more and I'm concerned.

• Like 1

Looks like Henderson might be okay, but if there’s one thing I will never trust Mcvay with, It’s when he talks about injuries and who’s playing. I fully expect Sony to be the workhorse this week. 

Also, LA played the bears front 7 and then the Colts front 7.. now Tampa’s lol gets better every damn week. I still can’t fully buy into this Oline.. but if they handle this week well again, I’ll start to buy in. Feels too good to be true lol