We've signed Richard Sherman - 1yr $1.2M

bucsfan333

Just now, ravishingone said:

Sherman is flying cross country as opposed to going to SEA or SF first.  I think we ll see Dean go on IR (back in possible 3 wks)- roster spot open for Sherman.

Im fine. Sherm will actually drive on the football when asked to play off coverage instead of just watching

Wonder how long SMB is going to be out for

6 minutes ago, indifference said:

Im fine. Sherm will actually drive on the football when asked to play off coverage instead of just watching

Wonder how long SMB is going to be out for

I hope I m right on the current IR rules.  SMB should be able to come off IR after the  Pats game.   The scbedule in theory gets very favorable against opposing QBs for awhile.

I m sure the D will frustrate us in the upcoming weeks, but even a slight increase in better pass D will be really magnified. That can come via coverage, pass rush, or personnel.  Can we please not have NACHO and McLendon on the field together except for goal line?  

Edited by ravishingone
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I hope I m right on the current IR rules.  SMB should be able to come off IR after the  Pats game.   The scbedule in theory gets very favorable against opposing QBs for awhile.

I m sure the D will frustrate us in the upcoming weeks, but even a slight increase in better pass D will be really magnified. That can come via coverage, pass rush, or personnel.  Can we please not have NACHO and McLendon on the field together except for goal line?  

That's the Bucs luck although I'm not sure if SMB actually is going to play that early. If I had to bet not before November. But TB should be in a much better position as things get ironed out after the bye week and until then the opposing QBs are weak.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

That's the Bucs luck although I'm not sure if SMB actually is going to play that early. If I had to bet not before November. But TB should be in a much better position as things get ironed out after the bye week and until then the opposing QBs are weak.

Agreed, I don t know the IR rules.  Can SMB only be on short term IR only for so long until he has to be considered out for the yr?

The pass defense needs to catch the ball when chances are given.  I thought Stafford gave them 3 balls the Bucs should have gotten.  To not get any of them changes the entire game.  Also, Whitehead causes a fumble which they don t get.

The good part of an elite offense is the D just can t be putrid. I m confident this D can get out of the putrid category.  At times it will look ugly and be frustrating, no doubt.

53 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I can t remember the last time a big name FA who was rumored to a Tom Brady team said "Yeah, I'm good."

We' re a long away from FA periods when big name players were rumored that the Bucs were interested.  It was just an agent plant to potentially drive up price for other teams.