We've signed Richard Sherman - 1yr $1.2M

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

It's time to drop the negativity. We're the defending champs. Enjoy the ride while we can.

I don't understand it either. Besides that, nothing I've seen from Dean or SMB makes me think Sherman will be anything less than CB2 for the Bucs. And I'm talking about the Sherman from last year who was about 80% and got activated from injured reserve in like week 12 and showed up to play. If 2019 Sherman shows up, the Bucs just won the SB. I think this will be one of those signings that altered the season when you look back and questions will be asked why not more teams were interested. Off field issues and age will be named but it's telling that SF and SEA were interested as well as Brady. In the end nobody should complain when the chance was there to sign him and Tampa did. 

• Like 2

Just now, SBLIII said:

I don't understand it either. Besides that, nothing I've seen from Dean or SMB makes me think Sherman will be anything less than CB2 for the Bucs. And I'm talking about the Sherman from last year who was about 80% and got activated from injured reserve in like week 12 and showed up to play. If 2019 Sherman shows up, the Bucs just won the SB. I think this will be one of those signings that altered the season when you look back and questions will be asked why not more teams were interested. Off field issues and age will be named but it's telling that SF and SEA were interested as well as Brady. In the end nobody should complain when the chance was there to sign him and Tampa did. 

Sherman was like top five in 2019. I'm hoping for half that.

I know he's older (obviously). But he's one of the smartest guys to play the position (said by basically everyone on the team). This is a scheme that fits his skillset really well. And he seems to finally be healthy.

I'm rooting for him. We need help. And he seems like the perfect fit. I don't know why anyone would root against that.

Listen until Jamel Dean actually knows how to play zone defense we wont have to worry about CB2 in the distant future. No doubt Sherman is taking LCB and Davis will man the right side. Arians has already stated that today

Thats where Crockrell/SMB can flourish in the nickel role. Dean will most likely be a spot starter at this point. No way you put him at nickel with his non agile self

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

I hope he doesn't actually outplay SMB or Dean, and when all 3 of our top corners are healthy, Sherman is 4th or on the bench. 

So hopefully he's a 2-3 game filler until SMB is healthy. 

0% chance of that IMO. They didn't lure him here with the false intentions of him only being a starter for 2-3 games and then going to a reserve role.

He's here to start and solidify the group. He should do just that. Jamel Dean has shown flashes of being a really good corner and then streaks of not being a good one at all. I think he's better served in a reserve role. Same with Cockrell, he's always been a journeyman.

Ideally, when all are healthy, you'd like:

Davis - CB1, Sherman CB-2, SMB-Slot

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

0% chance of that IMO. They didn't lure him here with the false intentions of him only being a starter for 2-3 games and then going to a reserve role.

He's here to start and solidify the group. He should do just that. Jamel Dean has shown flashes of being a really good corner and then streaks of not being a good one at all. I think he's better served in a reserve role. Same with Cockrell, he's always been a journeyman.

Ideally, when all are healthy, you'd like:

Davis - CB1, Sherman CB-2, SMB-Slot

Maybe Dean benefits from Sherman's veteran presence and can take over in 22 again.

Because when you look at it, every Bucs position group has veteran leadership except DB and it's showing. It still doesn't explain why guys like White started off so poorly but I think it turns around eventually.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Maybe Dean benefits from Sherman's veteran presence and can take over in 22 again.

Because when you look at it, every Bucs position group has veteran leadership except DB and it's showing. It still doesn't explain why guys like White started off so poorly but I think it turns around eventually.

SMB elbow, Dean knee, and Davis hamstring have already shown up on the injury report.  Never enough depth.

3 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I liked Trask when we picked him

But should have gone corner

all in handsight but trading up for Asante Samuel Jr in the 2nd round would have helped a lot.

You are operating in a 1-2 year title window. The Trask pick will only not be awful if he becomes the franchise QB. Very small chance he will become that.

• Like 1