Post game Cle and Houston + ups and downs

Kiwibrown

to me another down is DPJ. The way he was being talked about during camp that he was ready to explode on scene. Add in Landry getting hurt that he could have a huge game and he makes almost no impact.

part of me still thinks that fumble wasnt even a catch. After watching that and the Ohio St game this weekend, it makes you question still what is considered a catch

23 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Wade Phillips is still unemployed.....

Never understood the Woods infatuation. However, he was handpicked by Stefanski and they seem really tight. It's going to take a lot for him to get fired anytime soon

They might reduce his responsibilities or something, take away scheme and play calling.

They need to do something.

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Really anxious to see how he does against Chicago’s tough defense.

Chicagos offense sucks (had to score on a pick 6 today), so Baker shouldn’t be pressured to score a ton.

Our defense really isn’t that tough.  We have jaylon Johnson at CB1 then a whole bunch of questions after him.  EJax isnt who he once was.  Mack hasn’t really been his normal, constantly-disruptive self.  Week 1 there were a ton of mental mistakes like not touching a receiver on the ground to down him.

I think their week 1 performance is much closer to their actual self than today against the Bengals.  

I think your Browns will steamroll the Bears next week.  The only real question for me is how Fields will do with a full week of prep as QB1, and he hasn’t even been named starter yet.  If Dalton is healthy, it would not surprise me at all for Nagy to keep Dalton starting.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, buno67 said:

DE’s, I know we are complaining about a lack of blitzing but you pay that kind of money for a pair of DEs, they should produce to the point you don’t have to blitz. Garrett was awfully quite today.

As far as Garrett, I don’t think he was bad at all. He’d have had a sack had he not been tackled by the OT which resulted in a penalty.  I didn’t watch him exclusively or anything, but when I did watch him I saw him going against a top tier OT who got help a LOT.

10 hours ago, buno67 said:

coverage ability, I know on the post game show Cherry mentioned some of the technical aspects of our DBs are not all that great at the moment but these are things that should keep getting better.

Woods, he is building a strong case to be the Fired at the end of the season. Again Cherry said its still young in the season and there still should be growing pains. He needs to get better!

I’m trying to be levelheaded with Woods, there’s a TON of new pieces, both starters and reserves, trying to learn this scheme, but he’s been unimpressive so far.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m trying to be levelheaded with Woods, there’s a TON of new pieces, both starters and reserves, trying to learn this scheme, but he’s been unimpressive so far.  

No, No No No

This is not the correct way to view this team.  We can’t gel and improve.  Either we are 100% the best or nothing. 

Though he did deserve a bit of criticism when a rookie QB goes on a 75 yard 7 play drive.  I mean we should be able to confuse him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JDD said:

No, No No No

This is not the correct way to view this team.  We can’t gel and improve.  Either we are 100% the best or nothing. 

Though he did deserve a bit of criticism when a rookie QB goes on a 75 yard 7 play drive.  I mean we should be able to confuse him. 

Even before that though, he had no answers for TyGod.  Expecting these DE’s to both provide a pass rush and keep contain against a guy like Taylor is a losers bet. It’s either mush rush and contain or get after his ***.  Not both. 

With the rookie in we played off and gave him some easy completions. Like, blitz tf out of that kid playing press and make him make quick reads and big dck throws.

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Even before that though, he had no answers for TyGod.  Expecting these DE’s to both provide a pass rush and keep contain against a guy like Taylor is a losers bet. It’s either mush rush and contain or get after his ***.  Not both. 

With the rookie in we played off and gave him some easy completions. Like, blitz tf out of that kid playing press and make him make quick reads and big dck throws.

Almost like he wanted to make them drive the field and expect them not to do it. Well that was backfiring.

20 minutes ago, JDD said:

Almost like he wanted to make them drive the field and expect them not to do it. Well that was backfiring.

I don’t mind the philosophy, but you’ve got to make it a little more difficult that that.

It gave me flashbacks to Gregggg playing 10 yards off against the Packers and Hundley a few years ago daring him to complete 5-7 yard passes.  Like, NFL QB’s can all do that.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 1