Post game Cle and Houston + ups and downs

Kiwibrown

We squeaked out a W vs a well coached but below average talented team.

Up

Chubb and Hunt best rb duo in the league

Felton is electric 

BAKER hell of a game, picked 1st downs with his legs, played through pain.

Clowney, played well 

Delphit look explosive, glad he recovered.

DOWN

Joe Woods defense looked terrible

Ward and newsome got beaten like a drum

Jj3 looks out of place

Up

1. Baker played really well. 19-21?  Whew…

2. Felton is a player 

3. Chubb is a monster 

4. Delpit has athleticism that’s a level or two above anyone else we have at S.

5. Stefanski was patient with the offense and it paid off.

Down.

1. Schwartz.  Gotta compete for that pass that was picked rookie.

2. DPJ.  For all the talk of his development, I haven’t seen anything so far this year.

3, 4, 5. Woods.  Joe Woods was a problem.  I didn’t give him much **** last year as we had no talent.  Week 1 he gets a bit of a pass because the Chiefs are that damned good offensively.  I expected to see a good performance this week and was nothing but let down drive after drive. He’s gotta be a bit more aggressive.

• Like 2

Baker is looking good over 80% completion over the first 2 games and managing the offense

Chubb, Hunt, and Felton…. WOW

schwartz looked to be at fault for the pick by stopping the route… a step back this week

DPJ… disappearing and a fumble 

defense is still looking like it’s full of holes, seems like there is something missing, blitz plays, stunts….something 

ST, play seemed much better this week

if we can beat Fields next week and get on a role we should be good

Hope Landry is it down too long or OBJ gets back 

Felton is an electric weapon that we have needed for years. Between him and Schwartz, we have some X factor type players. Work to do there with Schwartz, but if both of these guys are used well, this offense can take that next level. So much potential out there on offense.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Up

1. Baker played really well. 19-21?  Whew…

2. Felton is a player 

3. Chubb is a monster 

4. Delpit has athleticism that’s a level or two above anyone else we have at S.

5. Stefanski was patient with the offense and it paid off.

Down.

1. Schwartz.  Gotta compete for that pass that was picked rookie.

2. DPJ.  For all the talk of his development, I haven’t seen anything so far this year.

3, 4, 5. Woods.  Joe Woods was a problem.  I didn’t give him much **** last year as we had no talent.  Week 1 he gets a bit of a pass because the Chiefs are that damned good offensively.  I expected to see a good performance this week and was nothing but let down drive after drive. He’s gotta be a bit more aggressive.

Thats a great point. For all of the knob washing he got for the last 3 months and OBJ/Jarvis being injured--I thought this was the time we were going to see him. 

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Really anxious to see how he does against Chicago’s tough defense.

Chicagos offense sucks (had to score on a pick 6 today), so Baker shouldn’t be pressured to score a ton.

have you seen our defense?

have you seen our defense vs mobile QBs?

• Like 3

ups:

Felton, looked electric returning the ball and made plays when he got his number called on offense. 

Chunt, well balanced split in touches and those two just started to beat the crap out of that defense 

TEs, besides RB, this is our 2nd best position group. 12 targets, 11 catches for 107yards. Hooper looked pretty good again.

Baker, dude was throwing dots. His worst throw was due to a rookie giving up on a pass play. Tough as hell and is setting the tone.

Delpit, it was great to see him out there making plays.

downs:

DE’s, I know we are complaining about a lack of blitzing but you pay that kind of money for a pair of DEs, they should produce to the point you don’t have to blitz. Garrett was awfully quite today.

coverage ability, I know on the post game show Cherry mentioned some of the technical aspects of our DBs are not all that great at the moment but these are things that should keep getting better.

Woods, he is building a strong case to be the Fired at the end of the season. Again Cherry said its still young in the season and there still should be growing pains. He needs to get better!

Conklin, thought he had a pretty poor game compared to his standards

• Like 1