The receivers

pwny

On 10/16/2021 at 5:06 AM, Tugboat said:

It's the same story we've had for ages.  Finally had someone step into that "True #1 WR" role with ARob, and just let him walk/pushed him out the door through ineptitude.  Right back to that same problem.  You can collect as many 2/3 guys as you want, but without that true #1 Threat, it just doesn't work.  You need a guy who can not only win those top matchup draws...but draw that respect, and simultaneously open things up for the other guys.

We've got some depth.  Guys who can be really good 2/3 receivers.  You can also snap those guys up in FA pretty readily if you've got a bit of cap space to pay a premium for it, like with Marvin.  It's just all about slotting in where they belong, and that means finding a guy who pushes others down the depth chart to where they fit.

That's something that honestly...you pretty much have to do through the draft.  Unless you want to gamble on an old guy/headcase/schemefit...or just a guy like ARob who wants out of a dumb situation, coming off an injury at the same time.

Id offer Cleveland a 6 for obj.  

On 10/18/2021 at 1:18 PM, Charles said:

Tyron Johnson...what the heck is going on there?  This guy has been a real disappointment so far.  Thought he was going to be a guy who can stretch the field, instead he's not even active on GameDay. 

There’s probably a reason the Chargers ditched him. Probably has a problem between the ears

Edited by sammymvpknight

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

It makes a lot of sense imo but I’ll be surprised.

If he's cut I don't see the harm in giving a tryout to see if we should keep him or not.  His contract is unguaranteed the next 2 season's. 

We all agree that we need a true #1 wr.  Wether Beckham is that guy who knows but it can't hurt us to try

50 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

If he's cut I don't see the harm in giving a tryout to see if we should keep him or not.  His contract is unguaranteed the next 2 season's. 

We all agree that we need a true #1 wr.  Wether Beckham is that guy who knows but it can't hurt us to try

Nvm 

Saints apparently approached the Browns for OBJ.. Browns asking price was too high so the Saint’s declined. Somehow I feel it gets worked out till at least the end of season that’s if Odell chooses to reconcile it.. or does he push the team to release him? It all remains to be seen the fans are clamoring for Odell but the value just doesn’t match he’s still a commodity even if he doesn’t have the numbers is he Randy with the Raiders who knows or is he just washed? But I’ll believe it when I see it as far as OBJ being cut. 

13 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Saints apparently approached the Browns for OBJ.. Browns asking price was too high so the Saint’s declined. Somehow I feel it gets worked out till at least the end of season that’s if Odell chooses to reconcile it.. or does he push the team to release him? It all remains to be seen the fans are clamoring for Odell but the value just doesn’t match he’s still a commodity even if he doesn’t have the numbers is he Randy with the Raiders who knows or is he just washed? But I’ll believe it when I see it as far as OBJ being cut. 

Stefanski literally said he is no longer part of the team yesterday.

Maybe they’ll do what HOU is doing with Watson, but he’s not playing for the Browns again this year unless that was a lie.

35 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Makes no sense for them to ask for too much if he's being cut unless it was an issue about $

• 4 weeks later...