Trevor Lawrence is looking like a bad pick for the Jags

notthatbluestuff

7 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Do the Jags take BPA at that spot or trade down and grab their top offensive target? 

If I were the Jags GM, I'd trade down. There's too many holes on the team. Trade down, get a nice haul of picks to help shore up some issues, and still get a good player in the first round like Garrett Wilson or Chris Olave.

2 hours ago, HerbertGOAT said:

If I were the Jags GM, I'd trade down. There's too many holes on the team. Trade down, get a nice haul of picks to help shore up some issues, and still get a good player in the first round like Garrett Wilson or Chris Olave.

Depends on the offer. I would say it depends where we would end up at.  I'd put Evan Neal as the best target. We need to solve our ol and I think getting a wr would be a free agent route as we need a vet 1 and maybe vet  2

Belichick on Lawrence:

Obviously, a big kid. Big arm. Really strong arm. Can whip the ball. Can make all the throws. Pretty fast. Runs well. He does a good job of spreading the ball around. He uses all of his receivers. I'd say he's hit his fair share of deep balls. Looks like a really good prospect.

Not just line drives, then? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Who is worth trading up for #1 for, though? I don't think that player exists to give up a haul. 

There isn’t. Thibs, Hutch, and Neal are good prospects but none of which are worth moving up for.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

There isn’t. Thibs, Hutch, and Neal are good prospects but none of which are worth moving up for.

I think Hutch will convince someone looking for another Bosa. On field performance is already making HCs think of what they could build around, but combine workouts will probably elevate that further.

It just takes one GM to make that sort of commitment... Am I saying it's a stone cold lock? Nah, but I have a feeling that Hutch will be looked at like a Bosa or Watt brother, and a team will push all in.

23 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think Hutch will convince someone looking for another Bosa. On field performance is already making HCs think of what they could build around, but combine workouts will probably elevate that further.

It just takes one GM to make that sort of commitment... Am I saying it's a stone cold lock? Nah, but I have a feeling that Hutch will be looked at like a Bosa or Watt brother, and a team will push all in.

That would be a mistake imo. But it’s possible.

• Like 1

Just now, .Buzz said:

That would be a mistake imo. But it’s possible.

It's totally a mistake, but if the NFL Draft was conducted by rational people, we'd have nothing to talk about...

• Like 2